╏016

【Dwindled Love】

【Dwindled Love】

■■■■■■

The huge castle, big enough to make room for everyone living in the kingdom, sparkled magnificently under the sun. Constructed way back in time with rare stones... it still stood tall and strong. "I wonder how much these stones would cost!" Nami exclaimed while touching the walls of the castle. The trio accepted the lady's request and made their way to the castle from the back side to avoid crossing any guards that Tiger might have. And they were successful in sneaking in. 

It was all pure luck that one of the back doors was left open, and it gave them easy access to the castle. But the bright and radiating aura that the castle gave when viewed from the outside didn't match the aura that was present on the inside. 

Everything felt eerie. The lamps were broken, and the light would flicker. The photo frames that were once on the walls were now shattered on the floor. "The people in these photos look like the members of the royal family," Nami stated as observed a family picture of a lady who looked strong and elegant with her daughter and son. Most of the photos had the faces of these three, and looking at the pictures of people who are no longer in this world made their hearts ache. 

"I don't like the feeling... It's scary here..." Chopper cried and hugged Usopp's leg, who himself couldn't help but shake. "Wha- What if we come across a ghost? What if the royal family was murdered, and now they might be haunting this place..." 

Nami sighed and faced the two with annoyed expressions, "Come on, don't say that. You'll just scare yourself." And just as she completed her sentence, one of the bulbs in a nearby lamp shattered into pieces, which startled the trio. "I TOLD YOU THERE ARE GHOSTS HERE!!" Usopp screamed as the other two quickly hugged him. "I hate this place! I hate it!!" Chopper cried. 

The three stepped back a little and felt something on their back that froze them in place. Their hands and lips trembled with fear and slowly, but hesitantly they looked behind them only to find a long iron figure standing which they mistook for a ghost and screamed at the top of their lungs while running away from the statue.