𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 | 𝟸𝟻 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

25 November 2005

FRIDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[WARNING: slight manga spoilers]

[y/n]'s pov

"𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐄𝐌𝐌𝐀!"

I shout, jumping with all my force into unsuspecting arms, causing the front door Emma opened to swing back. From the impact, Emma stumbled back, letting out a laugh as she wrapped her arms around my waist; while also balancing us. 

"Gah! [y/n], you scared me!" Emma calls, trying to shift her tone into one of scolding, but inevitably failed. 

I pulled back from the embrace, giving her a large grin, "hey, I got you a gift," I announce, fishing out a palm sized box from my trousers, "it's not much, but I saved up to get this from the jewellers," I explain as I passed it into Emma's awaiting hands. 

Emma looked over smooth navy blue box that had gold trimming around the edges, before opening up the case. My happiness grew at Emma's widening eyes, and I knew in the moment that the gift was perfect. 

She gently pulls out the piece of jewellery, holding it up by the golden chain, taking a look at the oval shaped pendent, "it's a locket; you can put two small photos inside to hold on to. I already put one in of the two of us on your seventh birthday," I continue my explanation. 

"It's beautiful!" Emma exclaims, now being her turn to wrap her arms around me with a jump. 

As fast as she hugged me, she pulled back, "can you help me put it on," she asks as she handed back the necklace, and I gave a small nod in response. 

Emma turns her back to me, lifting her hair up into a hand-held bun. I unclipped the clasp, before wrapping it around her neck, while also making sure the it was the right side around.