Only six?

(y/f/s)= your favorite snack

(y/f/d)= your favorite drink

I was sitting on the couch, devouring the last few pages of my book.

I had brought six books with me, three per week, and I was already finishing the last book after only a week and a half.

The last words hit me like a train and I carefully closed the book. Holding it against my chest, I let the usual feeling of sadness wash over me.

I loved reading, but finishing books was so sad. I always felt so empty after I basically poured my soul into a story.

"You good?" Connor, who was sitting next to me, asked.

"I finished my book."

He nodded, an understanding look on his face.

"You'll soon start the next one." He reassured me.

"That's the thing: this is the last book I brought with me." I explained, still clutching my book against my chest.

"Fuck." He swore looking down at his lap, before turning to me again. "How many did you bring?"

"Six." I answered, letting my book fall onto my lap.

The more I talked with Connor, the less empty I felt.

"Only six, I brought like double that." He said it in a way like he was disappointed. Like every reader should know to bring a dozen books with them.

"Well, I didn't know I was gonna spend six days stuck inside with nothing else to do but read." I whined, crossing my arms.

"Hey! What about me?" He said, looking offended.

I blushed a furious red and looked down, trying to hide my shock. It took him a moment to realize the double meaning of his sentence.

"I meant hang out with me, not..." The rest of his sentence floated in the air between us.

"Yeah, I get what you mean." I chuckled.

"Anyways," Connor scratched the back of his neck, "you can read one of the books I brought."

"Like which one?" I asked, calming down a bit.

"White Fang?" He proposed.

I nodded and he went to go get it.

Once he brought it back, I started reading.

Laying on the ground, the book open in front of me, I saw from the corner of my eye Connor leaning over and picking up the book I had left on the couch.

He leaned back, opened the book and started reading.

I smiled and turned back to my own book.

------------} ♥ {------------

I turned the music up slightly and sat down on my bed.

Bored me decided to throw a party. But because I am alone, I just put on some music and stole some (y/f/s) and (y/f/d) from the kitchen.

I could have invited Connor, but I wanted to think things through a bit.

Like how I felt.

I had liked Connor before, but my feelings had blossomed a lot over the past week. Each time he touched me in any kind of way, my stomach burst into butterflies. I think I've blushed more in this week than in my whole life. Even when he's just around, I feel happier. And I want him to feel happy as well. I had never realized how broken he was under his bad boy shell. But I want to change that. I truthfully want him to be feel more comfortable and happier.