1. Prologue

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"The babe was very pale and her appearances very much alike her mother, Princess Rhaenys

"The babe was very pale and her appearances very much alike her mother, Princess Rhaenys. While she got her eyes and hair from her father, Lord Corlys."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

In 100 AC, Rhaenys Targaryen was six and twenty. Corlys Velaryon was seven and forty. At their age. No one was going to expect for both to conceiving a child anymore. But The mother, give them a miracle and surprise. The Targaryen princess find about the news right after she was done riding Meleys.

Everyone fears for the Princess health. She had already been sick for days, feeling nausea all the day, cannot eating fish while she used to love eating them. "My lady? Do you need me to make a medicine to ease your.." The Maester, Maeson helping Rhaenys to sit on the bed.

"Does he know?" Rhaenys asking Maeson without directly stare at him.

"No. Not at the moment, my princess. Do you want me to inform him?" Maeson offered.

Rhaenys took a deep sigh and placing both of her hands on her belly. She was happy when Maeson informed her about the happy news. But on the other hand, she was worried.

Women, especially on their thirty years of age, often have some hard moment for pregnancy and childbirth. Her cousin, The Queen. Aemma Arryn. She already went through a lot of pregnancies. Some of them she carried to full term and died because of sickness, or lost them because of miscarriage.

Rhaenys also went through the same thing. With Laena and Laenor, she lost blood too much during their birth. 

Maeson gave Rhaenys the warmest smile he always had for her. "My lady, what are you afraid of?"

"I supposed whether Corlys happy about this news or not. You know how terrifed he was when he accompanied me during Laena and Laenor's childbirth." A sad smile painted in her face. She was lucky, Corlys was there in every birth. He was her strength.

Corlys silently heared them. He smile and shook his head. "It's my duty. I am your husband, am I not?" He walked towards suprised Rhaenys and nod to Maeson. Corlys on his knees. Holding both Rhaenys's hand.

"Iam happy, my beautiful princess. I am, happy. Thank you so much." Tears starts to drop. Rhaenys shook her head. "No. Don't cry my love." Corlys said.

Maeson pardon himself to go from the bedchamber because he knew both husband and wife need to talk to each other.

Corlys sit besides Rhaenys. He hugged her. "Don't be afraid. I am here."