8. Final Plans

Zuko POV:

Katara has a Spirit alter ego as well now. She's the Painted Lady. Since she became her we meet in our Spirit forms together. She updates me on the Gaang and apologizes to our messenger for having to fight him. She told me what Sokka named him: Sparky-sparky-boom-man is the most ridiculous name ever. At least Combustion Man was accepted by the man himself.

Today is the day I no longer require his services and we're waiting for Katara to arrive before we say goodbye. Finally, mist starts creeping. Katara's signal of arrival. As we say our thanks to Combustion Man Katara surprises him by giving him a hug.

"Thanks for helping us."

Combustion Man looks surprised but then he does something he's neer done before. He smiles! After waving goodbye, he leaves and Katara and I get down to the final stages of our plan.

"So, should we run through what we already have?"

I nod and Katara starts.

"On the day of the Eclipse the Gaang will join the Water tribe and Earth Kingdom forces. We will use submariens to get into the Fire Nation and get to the Capital before the Eclipse starts."

I continue:

"Hopefully Aang will overpower the Fire Lord before the Eclipse ends."

"If he does, you can come fight with us."

"I want to confront my Father."

Katara looks at me surprised before looking comtemplativ.

"If the Fire Lord has been moved to safety and Aang won't be able to find him then do that, get your Uncle out and meet me at the harbour."

I nod.

"Deal."

Katara bites her lip.

"Whats wrong Kat?"

She looks at me.

"I'm worried about you Zee. You'll be in the most danger out of all of us."

I give her a hug.

"Don't worry, if I don't make the meeting point I'll find you some other way."

I try to distract her by mentioning something stupid.

"It's the full moonn tonight. You're at your most powerfull."

Katara stiffens.

"Zuko, there's something I need to tell you about."

I look at her questionally.

"I met another southern Waterbender last month who wanted to show me Waterbending secrets."

I interrupt her.

"That's great!"

She shakes her head.

"It wasn't normal water Zuko. It was the water in peoples bodys. She was using her strength every full moon to make a Fire Nation citizen walk up a mountain and imprisioned them. When I found out and refused to Bloodbend she made Sokka and Aang attack eachother therefore forcing me to bloodbend her to stop."

She goes quiet, looking at the moon.

"I'm sorry Katara. I didn't know."

She didn't look at me.

"Word of advice, never mention anything bad about the moon to Sokka."

"Why?"

She turns to me with a grin.

"He used to date the girl who became the Moon Spirit."

I guess my face looks funny ecause she's laughing.

"At least one of us finds this amusing."

She keeps laughing.

"I'm sorry, your reaction was just priceless."

I roll my eyes at her.

"You should go back. Get some sleep. The Eclipse is in two days."

She nods and hugs me goodbye.

"Take care Zee."

"You too Kat."

I put on my mask, do a flip to show off, salute her and ron off back to the palace.

Katara POV:

Today is the day everything changes. I still have to give my Father hints on what could happen without giving myself away. Toph already knows I'm up to something. This morning she came up to me and asked:

"What are you doing when you sneak out at night?"

I aswered somewhat truthfully so she wouldn't call me out for lying.

"It's part of a plan for the Invasion."

I'm not sure how much she belived me or how she knew that I left anyway.

As we all stand on a cliff overlooking the sea a mist starts creeping and from that mist the ships emerge. Quickly I run down to see who came. I hug Haru, laugh at Toph's reunion with the Boulder and the Big Bad Hippo and Bato's comment about the Swampbenders. Finally, I see Dad.

"Dad!"

Sokka and I both run to to him and Sokka starts talking a hundred miles per hour so I decide to wait with my news.

time skip to speech:

Wow, poor Sokka. I watch as Dad takes oer and try to comfort Sokka while I'm growing more nervous by the second knowing that my time has come. As Dad finishes his speech and everyone cheers I stand up and yell:

"WAIT!"

Everyone looks at me as I walk to the plattform and stand facing the crowd. I take a deep breath. For Zee, for everyone who wants freedom.

"Before we start the Invasion there are some things you all need to know."

Dad looks at me questionally.

"The Fire Nation knows we're coming."

I silence the murmurs with my hand.

"When Azula infiltrated Ba Sing Se she discovered the origional plan. They don't know the exact detail since the plan changed since then but there is a chance that the Fire Lord will go into hiding and Aang won't be able to find him."

I take a deep breath.

"In the event that the Invasion faild the backup plan is that Aang and whoever else escape to the Western Air-temple where he will learn Firebending and fight the Fire Lord before the comet."

Silence greets me.

"Katara"

I look up at dad.

"How do you know this? Who helped you?"

I gulp.

"I have a spy in the Fire Nation. I couldn't tell you because it would have put him in danger."

Slowly everyone breaks apart and the rest of the Gaang comes to me.

"Is that who you were sneaking off to meet?"

I nod at Toph keeping my eyes on Sokka and Sokka. Fainally Sokka speaks.

"You're sure he's on our side?"

I smile.

"Of course. He's my best Friend."

Sokka and Aang share a look before Bato approaches us.

"Come on, the subs are leaving."

A/n: Thanks for reading!! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Please vote and Comment. I don't own Atla. BYE!!!!