Chapter 11

I've been looking forward to this chapter for soo long,  it was more difficult to write then first thought but it's finally done. I hope you enjoy it and remember to vote amd comment if you did!  =^-^=

********

Lancelot and Gwaine reached the forest border and entered in at a steady pace. The late summer sun heated the earth and a gentle cool breeze made it bearable and carried sweet scents from the trees.

They walked through quietly, Gwaine staying very close to Lancelot's side but not quite touching him. They both carried a leather satchel in which  they had water skins and food for throughout the day, though Lancelot wasn't sure how long he'd stay.

They arrived at the lake and set down their bags, the sun was almost at its highest and shone brightly down on their faces.

'I think I'm going to sun bathe for a while.' Gwaine announced and slipped off his white shirt, prodding at it to make it into a pillow shape.  He lay on his front and placed his head on his arms which were placed neatly on top of the each other and then looked over at Lancelot when he was done.

'You gonna join me? ' he asked and Lancelot nodded,  he didn't have anything else important to do.

 He contemplated taking his shirt off too, but under Gwaine' s watchful gaze he was overcome by embarrassment. He instead lay on his back and put his arms behind his head, bending one knee to support himself. 

He saw Gwaine smile at him and Lancelot smiled back, then cursed himself for being nice when Gwaine had closed his eyes. I'm supposed to be angry at him.  Lancelot thought and dug his nails Into his palms. 

He turned onto his side and saw Gwaines face was turned towards him but his eyes were closed. He looked somewhat innocent as he slept. His face neutral and body relaxed and Lancelot couldn't stop himself admiring the man. His eyes traced across the sleeping knight, taking in his toned body, adorably small frame and that annoyingly beautiful hair. He knew Gwaine would have probably struck a suggestive pose for him if he'd been awake, maybe lifted his shirt up and thrust his hips into the air; anything that would make lancelot cringe and Gwaine roar with laughter.

Lancelot turned back onto his back, he hadn't slept a lot last night and realising that now might be a good time to catch up on it he closed his eyes and let dreams consume him.

***

A slight burning sensation roused Lancelot from his slumber. He'd been dreaming of the place again,  the place with the bright light but there had been no blood this time and no Gwaine on the floor. Instead he had made out the skinny figure of Merlin in front of him, talking to what Lancelot believed was an old woman. He hadn't had time to get a better look before he'd woken up again and he bit his lip with annoyance.

Lancelot located the source of the burning sensation and found a small patch of slightly pink skin on his forearm, he ran his finger over it and and saw that it wasn't that bad.

He cast a glance over at Gwaine who was laid directly in the sunlight and still sleeping soundly. 

Lancelot scrambled over and knelt behind Gwaines head so that his back shielded the sunlight  from Gwaines face. He crossed his legs to make himself comfortable and gazed down longingly at Gwaines face,  taking in every detail. He noticed gwaine twitch and averted his eyes, pretending to be mildly interested in a bird attempting to pull up a worm from the soil. The knight rubbed his eyes sleepily and yawned loudly,  eventually noticing Lancelot when he was finished.

'Were you watching me sleep?' Gwaine asked and raised an eyebrow.

'No. I was blocking the sun so that you didn't get burnt.' Lancelot replied calmly and handed Gwaine his crumpled shirt, still not meeting his eyes.