Chapter 56

More than 2400 words await you in this chapter 😌

Happy reading huns! ❤️

.
.
.

(y/n)'s POV:

"Welcome my children." The blind man greeted us, coming out from the building.

Looking to the side I saw Tengen immediately getting into a half kneeling position, bowing down for the black haired man, Kagaya, the head of the pillars and demon slayer corps.

At least he won't be as big-mouthed as he usually is when this man is present.

Out of respect I slightly bowed down for him too, greeting him back politely. There was a small smile on his face. Somehow he looked peaceful to me, yet so worried about something. I figured it must be because of the urgent case he asked my help for.

"Lord Kagaya, I brought miss Rengoku as you wished." Tengen spoke up, still bowing his head, watching the ground in front of himself.

"Thank you, Tengen." He said. My ex was about to stand up and leave when Kagaya called out to him. "Please stay. The mission I'm giving her affects you too afterall."

"Yes sir."

Great... That's just great... I think I already know what he is going to say, what Tengen's mission would be that is.

Kagaya turned to me. "I believe you are curious why I need your help miss Rengoku." He smiled.

"If I may request, call me (y/n), please."

"Alright. (Y/n) it is then." He continued. "There's a village not far from here. It was threatened and attacked by a demon. One of my children already took care of it, but a lot of villagers became victims due to some kind of poison. I sent there Shinobu first, but she couldn't cure them. Then Tengen reminded me about Kyojuro's sister, you that is. That you are an expert at such things."

It was sad to hear that innocent people were attacked again. Fortunately the demon has been killed, yet many humans fell victim to some kind of unknown poison. I faced something similar in the past when Tengen and Tomioka was poisoned and I believe this is not going to be easy either. Lucky thing that I always read my books to keep my knowledge fresh about these stuff, since it's quite rare to run into poisoned people.

In my shop we usually sell tea materials and common herbs used by average people. Thanks to Ren I have a few doctor customers as well who need special things too. And of course I make medicines too out of the herbs. Even neighboring towns got to know about them and come to my shop to buy them. I consider myself lucky.

"I really am. I will try my best." I slightly bowed down. "Where is this village exactly?"

"I was about to tell you." He chuckled a bit and looked over Tengen. "You know that village a few miles away to the south from here, right?"

"Yes, of course."

"Escort her there and stay with her in case anything would happen. Perhaps she might even need your help." He ordered.

My instincts are always right...

I had a feeling Kagaya would make Tengen stick around me and I guess I have no other choice but let it happen. With this mission, I will have enough time to think about my private life problems. Altough it's not going to be easy with my ex around since he is kinda a part of it too.

With that being said, Kagaya wished us luck and went back inside the building, leaving me and Tengen alone.

It felt a bit awkward. The journey here was quiet as well. We didn't exchange more words than what was needed. He didn't try anything funny which I found strange. Perhaps he finally accepted that I don't want to be with him anymore.