Chapter 8

'She's knocked out cold' Foreman said coming into the conference room and shutting the door

'Probably the only good rest she's had in days' Chase added as Foreman sat down. Wilson's heart skipped a beat and he kept his eyes downcast.

'What do you think caused the clot?' Foreman asked the whole room but he looked at Chase, who shrugged.

'To much action' House said who was leaning against the wall and playing with his yoyo.

'What?' Wilson asked

'She's been doing to much with her muscles' He shot Wilson a look that bored into him like a pair of drills. 'Go' House said not taking his eyes off Wilson's guilty face. Foreman and Chase knew better than to argue and they got up to leave, Wilson attempted to follow them out but House stopped him.

'What happened?' he asked, Wilson turned and put on, what he hoped to be, a confused look, House didn't buy it, he rolled his eyes 'come off it, I know she spent the night last night' he said, Wilson frowned

'How did you know?' he asked

'We had a fight, she leaves and isn't in her room the next morning and you're late for work…'

'Okay okay I get it Sherlock' Wilson said, he let out a breath through his nose 'fine, she spent the night last night. She came over all upset and asked if she could go home, but I wouldn't let her…'

'And you being such a Good Samaritan, suggested she sleep there' House intervened, Wilson nodded

'Yes'

'Then you slept with her'

'What? No!' he said

'You're sure?'

'I wouldn't do that House' Wilson said, the two men stared at one another for a while after which House granted him a curt nod, it wasn't much but enough for Wilson, he returned the gesture then turned to stride from the conference room with House right behind him.

Half an hour later the two of them caught up with Chase and Foreman on their way to check on Cameron.

'She should be coming to jut about now' Chase said checking a clipboard as they neared the door. As the approached it Foreman held out his arm to stop the troupes, there was a strangled cry coming from inside, with a few nervous glances traded between fellow coworkers Foreman wrenched open the door and hurried inside. Her heart monitor was going crazy and her hands were grasping at nothing as a huge burly figure stood over her with both hands clasped tightly around her throat. There was but a second of stunned surprise before all four men jumped into action, Foreman and House grabbed him from behind and pulled him off her with ease seeing as they had surprised him, Chase ran to call security and Wilson moved over to Cameron, he put an oxygen mask over her nose and mouth and took her grasping hand.

'Breathe slowly' he said, tears were leaking from the corners of her eyes and her breath came in ragged gasps, she clenched his hand very tightly. 'I know it hurts, but you have to slow your breathing, she took a slower breath and almost crushed his hand 'good' he said 'keep breathing like that.' Meanwhile Chase had joined the furious battle to subdue Clark. Foreman, and House were both pretty big guys but looked scrawny next to Clark's huge form, which was fighting relentlessly. In his mind three doctors and cripple were all that stood in his way of finishing Alison Cameron off for good.

'Wilson heads up!' Came a call, Wilson turned but a second to late, a well aimed kick landed smack in the middle of Wilson's chest knocking him backwards and down, he cracked his head on the edge of the bedside table as he went down, with a small squeak, Cameron clenched his hand tighter and curled her arm towards her body. With a growl between his teeth, Wilson pulled himself back onto his feet rubbing the back of his head. He shook his head and had to throw his other hand out onto the bedside table to balance himself, Cameron let go of his hand and pulled off the oxygen mask.

'Are… you…' she croaked slowly, Wilson put the mask back over her face

'I'm fine' he said shaking his head again the clear the cobwebs 'keep that on' He turned to the other three men trying to restrain Clark. Chase had a bloody lip and Foreman had a bruise around his eye that was prominent even against his dark skin. Clark was fighting within every inch of his life, Wilson flung himself forward and managed to trap one kicking leg, House was attempting to restrain the other, but Clark was lethal with his legs and managed to nail House directly in his bad leg. He let out a howl like a wounded dog and crumpled like an accordion. Wilson made a move to catch that other deadly leg as House pulled himself to his feet hopping on his good leg. He placed his hand on the wall and spun his cane around in his hand striking Clark in the kneecap. He growled and as soon as the leg hit the ground Wilson pinned it. Clark still fought but House moved over him and pressed the foot of his cane against his jugular. He stopped moving instantly as if at sword point instead of cane point.

'I got him' House growled and Chase, Wilson and Foreman pulled themselves up slowly keeping their eyes on Clark. 'You move and I'll put you on a ventilator for the rest of your life' House threatened and Wilson didn't doubt for a second that he wouldn't do it.

After the minor-major battle, the five of them managed to get out of it relatively unscathed, Foreman got a baseball sized bruise around his eye and a sprained wrist. Chase got a fat lip and a cracked rib. House got out with a really good reason to stock up on Vicodin and was limping worse than ever. Wilson got a migraine and a cracked rib, and Cameron got out with some bruising on the upper trachea. However her second near death experience with Clark had left her mildly traumatized and when she was quarantined to her room until such time as her wounds healed, she quite happily obliged.

House hesitated at her doorway; he peeked in the, slightly ajar, door. Her eyes were closed and she looked so tired that he thought of leaving her to her, much needed, sleep. But something stopped him and he entered the room. He hovered over her small frame for a moment then pulled up a chair and sat beside her bed. He let out a breath through his nose and dropped his ipod on her stomach. The movement woke her and she looked down at the ipod the up at House. Her throat was still raw and so she said nothing, there was a silent awkward moment, at least for House, in which he let his eyes wander everywhere but Cameron. He took a breath and finally said.

'I'm sorry… you… you were right.' He finally met Cameron's eyes. She said nothing, she just stared at him, after a moment he nodded and stood, he'd made it to the door when a small croaky voice whispered

'Me to.' House smiled to himself but didn't turn around he merely left the room.

As House closed her door Wilson popped up beside him

'You know, every woman has a very distinct smell… cuddy for instance…'

'Okay ha ha' House said dryly and he turned to limp off. Wilson fell into stride with him

'So did you make your amends with Cam?' he asked

'When do I ever?'

'More than you think' Wilson replied, House let out a small sarcastic laugh

'No, not more than I think, It's a rare thing that I make amends' House said looking over to his friend.

'Okay, fine, true, but if you started making amends then you would stop being House, and no one could forgive that.' House stopped in his tracks trying to processes that

'You know…' he looked over to where Wilson stood, but the man had already gone.