°overtime°

[lowercase intended]

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

work has always been a pain in the ass for me. the whistles and catcalls from the men in your department as you walked the hallway didn't make it any better.

the women always snarled, gossiped and rolled there eyes at you because of the unwanted attention you received from them.

"what a fucking ho*, do you see how tight her skirt is?!... she definitely doing it on purpose"

"right?! i heard she did a little extra work to get hired"

"whaaaat no waay" they giggled.

slowly stopping in your tracks you turned your attention to them. making your way in their direction with a tilted head and confused expression.

"im sorry but is there something you want to say to my face?"

they seemed surprised that you spoke up. scoffing to yourself "yea that's what i though-"

"actually yea there is something i wanted to say... us girls in this department don't like they way you walk around pleading for attention from the men like a h-"

"like a ho*??... your calling me a ho*" you'd cut her off.

"can't be the same person that was giving Bill "extra attention" in the janitors closet because she didn't want to take on extra work that was given..... am i mistaken?"

i titled my head to the side faking the lack of uncertainty.

muffled gasps could be heard from around the office. even her gossip buddy began backing away from her.

"n-no she's lying... i would never do that and with Bill?!... right Bil-"

the look of bewilderment and fear spread across her face as she looked at Bill whose head was down while he rubbed the back of his neck from the slight whistles and cheers he got from the men.

"hmm seems like my suspicions were true but yet i'm the ho*?"

you'd began to turn on your heels, your breasts teetering from the movement. a smirk drew across your glossed lips as you made your way to your designated office.

your hips swayed with each step you took, your cherry red louboutin heels clacked against the marble flooring.

grasping onto your door and twisting the knob before you could make your way in you were being summoned by your boss.

"y/n would you please step into my office for a second?"

his raspy voice sending tingles throughout your body, making goosebumps appear.

"yea sir .. i just need to put this stuff down and i'll be right there"

your boss nodded his head forcing pieces of his hair to cover his dark eyes. "ok be sure to come right to my office"

"will do" at that he closed the door behind him going back to do god knows what. to be honest you did have a little crush on your boss.

the way he carried himself around the building taking long strides with his chest puff out and head held high like he owned the building.

which in fact he did.

your little crush didn't start until he started coming to your office after hours.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

one day you ended up staying overtime at work trying to finish work that you let pile up for weeks, when your boss knocked on your door.

"ms. l/n what are you still doing here... you were set to leave-" he looked down at his watch.

"three hours ago"

"oh sorry .. i just had some work i wanted to get over with before the day ended if that's ok?"

his questioning eyes squinted slightly a little tilt of his head with a nod to finish it off.

"i see well would you like some company while you finish?"

batting your eyelashes continuously and staring at him with a blank stare.

"or not ? if your not comfortable with that sorry" he chimes in removing you from your thoughts.

"no no that would be good ... sorry i was just caught off guard a little... feel free to sit anywhere"

and he did.

every time you worked overtime he'd be right at your door knocking lightly then finding his place on the couch beside your desk waiting for you to be finished.

over the course of 3 months he you guys continued this you grew feelings. waiting for his signature three knocks to be heard from the other side of the door.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

finally putting your stuff down you turned on your heels making your way to his office. you could hear the murmurs all around you compelling a tight lipped expression with and exaggerated eye roll.

your knuckles finally came in contact with the oak colored door. "come in!"

he'd shout from the other side.

your heart gradually increased in speed at the sound of gravelly voice. it's never failed to amaze you how he still had the affect he did after working in the same department for 3 years.

"close the door behind you will you"

nervously standing by the door waiting for instructions he noticed to stiff posture.

"please please sit" gesturing his hands in front of his wooden desk.

"yes sir"

"please just call me _____"

your eyes darted around the room taking in his placement of everything and his scent. it was everywhere and you loved it.

"so i know your wondering why called you in here and so i'll just cut right to the chase"

"will you- accompany me to the new restaurant that just opened tonight?"

your breath caught in your throat, you felt as if you couldn't breathe properly.

my boss is asking me out?

the same man that had both women and men falling to there knees just by looking at them is asking ME out?!

"if you don't want to that completely fine ms. l/n" he'd hurry and spew, scratching his neck in the lack of response from you.

"i-i would love to if that's ok"

your boss audibly let out a sigh running his hands through his messy hair.

"o-ok ok good... is 9PM ok?"

a smile threatened your lips at his shaky tone.

"yes that fine with me _____, see you at 9?"

"yea.. see you at 9"

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

i honestly don't know how i feel about this one..... mmm idk 😅