°midnight°

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

IMAGINE

you were laid up in bed. it was passed midnight but you were carried away with your phone.

laughing at the funny tiktok's that came across your 'for you page'. for some reason they were funnier late at night.

occasionally you'd come across the creepy videos that had you peeking around the room, checking if anything was in there with you.

though you knew there wasn't you still had to make sure. your eyes scanning the ceiling, dressers, and corners of the room.

that's when your eyes flickered to the door. sighing in content when your door had still been closed like you left it.

you'd scroll down on the left side of your screen to see it was 2:00AM. a little to late to be up but you weren't tired seeing as you had a few naps later in the day.

reaching for your wired headphones on your nightstand to listen to music while you were up. you'd switch between the apps; instagram, tiktok, an youtube.

still not satisfied for some reason. your favorite creators on wattpad still hadn't updated causing you to sigh aloud.

music blasted in your ears and occasionally you'd move your body underneath the covers to the beats. humming to the lyrics.

"y/n~"

your eyes shot up to the pitch black space. face twisted up in confusion while your heart slightly skipped a beat.

you took out a headphone and listen into the room. 'maybe i'm trippin'" you shrugged. still kind of cautious.

you'd put your earbud back in, lowering the volume a little to be able to hear what's on the outside. pulling the covers up to your despite them room being warm.

minutes had passed since you thought you heard your name being called and you'd still have yet to hear anything. so you raised the volume of your music.

singing aloud with your favorite artist. you start to get a little hot and removed one leg from underneath the sheets.

"baby hold on told you i need your looooove, baby hold on told you i need your looooveee-."

you sang aloud as you overpowered penomeco's part of the song.

"ayeeee he better chill out !!!!" you'd hype him up.

as the song neared an end, you searched spotify for another favorite when you felt something touch your uncovered leg.

snatching the limb back and scooting until your back hit the head board. your eyes shakily searched the room. your finger gripped on the thick covers while your wide eyes began to tear up.

"who the fuckk!!"

you hurried and grabbed your phone, clicking the flashlight button in the corner of the screen. the bright white light illuminated the whole room.

what first caught your attention was your bedroom door. the thick wooden entranceway now wide open.

"there's no wa-"

your wobbly phone light catching something just out the peripheral. snapping your phone it's way your head dropped to your ass and your breath hitched in your throat at what you saw.

a head peaking over the edge of the bed. you could only see the top half of its face. its scaly hands holding onto the bed frame and it's wide eyes staring at you.

until it flew underneath the bed when you guys made eye contact. "hell no no no no.... what the fuck was thaaat!!!."

goosebumps rose on your skin and you pulled the covers up to your chest. tears rolled down your face as your limbs shook aggressively.

silence.

the eerily dark room silent. your heart continued to race but you didn't take your eyes off the edges of your bed.

your phone was starting to get hot from how long you had the flash on, draining the battery in the process.

"fuck only 2% left"

cautiously you'd search the nightstand for you charger. only to realize it laying on the floor. building up the courage to swipe it from the ground.

"ok ok... in 3...2..1"

leaping for the white charger. you were riding back up to plug your phone when something grabbed your wrist.

scaly fingers dug into your skin from under your bed, your eyes flung to the floor. you saw those same wide eyes staring at you.

half it's face covered from the bed but to could see it cheeks rise as if it was smiling menacingly. you'd try tugging you arm back as you shrieked.

in the end you weren't strong enough. it's strong grip pulling you from the bed.

you shot your from your bed. covered in sweat and chest heaving wildly. the bed slightly shook from how fast your body shot up.

a small yell falling from your lips until realizing you were awake. your hands ran over your body making sure you were still alive when you released a sigh.

"it was a dream?!" you asked into the air confused.

you were just on you left phone listening to music and scrolling through apps.

running your hands through the sheets in search of your phone. pushing the button in the side, you scrunched your face in disapproval of how bright it was.

it was 3:59 AM and had just hit 4.

"yea i'm not going back to sleep tonight

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

it's 2:56 am and now i'm scared to go to sleep....