Chapter Eight

-Eve-

"Hes in my house" I said sounding haunted. "I slept with him" I continued feeling sick. We were back in Anna's bedroom sitting on the floor and leaning against a wall. Tissues were littering the floor from the amount of tears we had shed when we got back. Anna suddenly stood up and put her hand down for me to take it. When I stood she smiled. "I have a red carpet event in a few days. Will you be my date?" She asked out of the blue. "Do you want our relationship to be public?" I asked her. A smile lit up her face and she spun circles like a ballerina before falling backwards onto her bed. "I do" she said before laughing to herself. I fell backwards onto the bed next to her and turning towards her I straddled my own leg over hers. "I'd be coming out of the closet" I told her in all seriousness. "Closet smoshet" she said. "All that matters is that your happy with who you're with" Anna said sounding so wise. "I am happy with you" I said with a smile before locking lips with her. When our lips parted she looked into my face "You are so beautiful" she said softly. I smiled warmly as I felt a genuine love coming from Anna. I took my leg off of Anna and she sat up. "So let's go deal with that cockroach so you can move on" she said sounding positive. "Are you sure you're up for that after what he did?" I asked worried about her. "I'm going to punch him" she said sounding like she'd already made her mind up. "That does sound like a very Anna thing to do" I said laughing. She joined in after saying "it does doesn't it?". Anna started to pack a suitcase. This was something we needed to do together and right now I needed her strength. Yes she had ADHD but that was just something I loved about her. She always had to be doing something and until lately she would have never taken anyone's crap. I loved her impulsiveness. I was the last thing from impulsive and so having her as my best friend had always balanced my life out and brought adventure. Anna may only now be my girlfriend but she has always been my rock. Anna came out of the closet holding a pink baseball bat. "We could go Harley Quinn on his ass?" She suggested. "Okay maybe she can be a little too impulsive at times" I thought to myself. I laughed "how about you let me handle the bat" I said taking it. Holding it I suddenly felt the anger of what Charlie was going to do to me rise up in my body. He planned on raping me and torturing me and putting it online like some public spectacle. I subconsciously squeezed the bat and not realising that she had noticed, Anna took it off me. "I know your angry. He's a monster and he's been using you for the last five weeks but don't forget that you have an image to upkeep Evie" I shook the fog of anger out of my head. She was right of course. It was normal for Anna to act like an impulsive lesbian heiress who did what she want as that was part of her image that worked for her family image. However my own image was of a sophisticated billionaire. Much like a master of chess who was always ten steps ahead of everyone else. Anna put her suitcase on the bed before asking me "are you ready for this?" I let out a breath I'd been holding. "Take your own car and arrive after me" I said before adding "take the bat too". I had attempt to get Charlie out peacefully and if that didn't work then Anna can come in like a woman who needs to claim whatever vengeance she feels like she deserves. I grabbed my bag and she kissed me "good luck babe" she said before I left.
-
I was freaking out but like any of the elite I was able to keep my cool in the most tense of situations. I took a breath before getting out of my Mercedes. I went inside my ultramodern mansion. Carrying my bag to my bedroom. There was no sign of the security my father had organised which only frightened me even more. I put my bag down on my bed and felt Charlie put his hands over my eyes. "Guess who" he said. I quickly ran to the main lounge beside the front door. "Charlie you need to leave right now!" I yelled at him from across the room. "Whats wrong Evie?" He said. "Don't you dare call me that!" I yelled angrily. "Let me guess you found out I what I did to that little slut best friend of yours" he said before grabbing a firepoker. I grabbed the closest thing to me which was a wine bottle. I smashed the bottle so that I could use the top to protect myself. "Leave now and I won't hurt you" I said warning him yet feeling utterly powerless. "I'm going to shove that up your filthy slut pussy" he said referring to the broken bottle. I felt frozen, he had all the power and I was about to be his victim. He went to move closer to me but stopped when a loud engine rev came from outside. I knew that sound anywhere, like a Superhero Anna had arrived just in time. Charlie moved quicky over to the door and locked it. "Nobody is interrupting this. You're going to get what you deserve slut" he said threatening me. "Please Annie if ever I needed your impulsiveness it's now" I thought to myself knowing she was my only hope right now.