Chapter 4: Hearts and minds

Angela's POV

Angela: (Sigh)...so let me get this straight, in the hour that you three had gone through that portal you discovered a village, decided to go into said village, got yourself a involved into a conflict with some unknown faction, and then brought someone from the other side of that portal with you, all of this without knowing where that portal even took you in the first place and without any prior approval from myself or a Sephirah?

Sergey: You know when you say it like that it sounds a lot worse.

Currently we were sitting inside my office in lobotomy corporation discussing the events that transpired from beyond that portal, I wasn't entirely sure what to have expected from this new abnormality but I was certainly surprised to hear about an entire village being beyond the portal, and from the looks of things there are seemingly regular people on the other side as well.

Thing is these three decided it was a good idea to bring one of these people through the portal with them back with them which is something that I'm quite disappointed they did on their own accord, I mean what if these people were simply abnormalities that mimicked humans?

Well thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case as this 'Elder Kane' fellow hasn't tried anything so far, he seemed more intent on observing every little thing that we passed by on the way here from the cars to the streetlights and he's staring at the computer on my desk like he wants to touch it but is worried it might bite his fingers if he tried.

Simmons: Ms Angela when we first stumbled upon the village we were still in the process of trying to decide what to do since we didn't have any planned procedures for what to do regarding anything in the other side of that portal, and before we could come to a conclusion we heard the sounds of-

Angela: I don't want to hear your excuses, you should have tried to contact me first, but enough getting caught up in the past, time to address the issue in front of us...the 'local' from the other side of the portal who your brought back with you.

The whole time we were speaking the old man who introduced himself as 'Elder Kane' was just staring at everything in the room with a look of bewilderment, everything from the monitors on the wall to the computer in my desk as if he's never seen modern technology before, and based on what the agents and clerks who escorted these four back here said his behavior was pretty much the same towards everything he saw from lampposts to cars.

Angela: (Ugh, what to do?)

Elder Kane: Ahem 'Angela' was it? May I ask something?

Angela: I'm sure you have a lot of questions right now, what is it?

Elder Kane: Ahem, so from what these 'agents' have told me, this isn't 'Terra?'

Angela: Terra?

Simmons: It's the name of the world where he and the rest of the people of Damerel live, given the context that we've received about the village of Damerel and the surrounding terrain I've come to the conclusion that the portal that appeared in the center of town is in fact a portal to another world.

Angela: Other worlds...it's not a completely outlandish theory (After all several scientist have been doing research into the concept lately and have found promising results)

Nathan: I mean it's pretty hard to believe but I've seen the other side of that portal for myself.

Elder Kane: Another world...who would have thought such a thing was possible, and though I've seen very little of this world I am quite amazed by the things that I've seen.