H - Heated Heart (D Side)

SUMMARY:

While falling asleep in Gummy's embrace, Doctor has an inner monologue about his current life.

English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes or awkward wordings that I missed while proofreading.

Picture Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79271647

CHARACTERS:
Doctor

x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x-X-x

She brushes her head against my chest, really trying to bury herself more inside my affectionate embrace. She tells me goodnight, that she loves me, and peacefully closes her beautiful ruby-like eyes.

My hand moves behind one of her big fluffy bear ears, scratching it. I thought this was a thing only Felines liked, but she really loves it too. The big blanket covering us warms her up outside, and my love warms her up inside.

I reply that I love her too.

The night goes on, she falls asleep in my loving arms, like every night since she's moved in.

I love Lada. I really do. She's my whole world, I'd do anything to protect that cute smile of hers.

When she smiles... I feel like I fall in love all over again. It's that warm feeling that blooms and explodes right from your heart like fireworks. I can't properly describe it, the post-amnesia me has never been good with feelings, but it's the greatest feeling in the world. I feel so, so many things all at once when she smiles.

I love Lada. I hope I'm giving her the life she deserves, y'know? I want her current life to be the happiest it can possibly be. Every day I make sure to absolutely drown her in affection, to make her know I'll always be there for her.

Whatever happens, whenever it happens, however it happens, I'll be there at her side. She isn't alone anymore, and she will never be again.

I love Lada. But I think I'm running out of ways to say and show it. You'd think that the same old "scratching behind the ear" thing would get old after a while, but... She's always happy. She never gets tired of my caresses, of my affections. When I tell her that I love her, when I cuddle with her in bed, she always giggles and looks giddy to receive more affection from me.

I don't get it. By all accounts, hearing the same thing every day must get dull, and yet she always looks like the happiest girl in the world when I say I love her, letting out one of her cute little giggles.

I love Lada. "Lada" is such a cute name, too, right? I mean, it's not inherently cute. It's that... it's hers. That's why I love it so much. With that name everything else about her pops in my mind; When I think about it I also think of her.

Sometimes I just want to say it, even when it's not necessary. Like, sometimes while we cuddle I'll just call her name. I don't say anything else. I don't know, it's... comforting? That name carries everything she is, and the loving tone I naturally use when saying it gets her happy, too.

At the end of the day, that's what everything's about, right? I just want her to be happy.

I love Lada. Sometimes I think... Where would I be without her? You know, the old me, pre-amnesia, apparently was a monster. I only ever hear bad things about that guy, and he's the reason many people in the landship can't stand me.

Was I truly that terrible? What led me to become like that back then? Did something even lead to make me become like that or was that just how I was? And... Would I have become like that again if I didn't find her? If I didn't find love, if I didn't have this bear to love, protect and care after, would I have turned back into a heartless monster?

What would my relationship with Lada look like if I never lost my memories? Would I use and hurt her like I apparently did with everyone else? Just the thought sickens me. The thought of hurting Lada makes me truly ill.

I don't know the answers to any of those questions. I don't think I ever will. I just try not to think about it too much and focus on what's important: Her.

I love Lada. And, I don't like too focus on it too much, but her looks are incredible too. From head to toe she's perfect.

I really like her hair. Silky, smooth... I could run my fingers back an forth through them for all eternity. A funny consequence of the fact she's missing human ears is that fluffing and playing with the hair on the side of her head becomes much easier.

Her eyes are breath-taking. Those eyes point at me with such love in their gaze... It covers me whole with an indescribable warmth. That feeling of knowing just how much she loves me, that only her eyes can truly convey.

Her cute, slender fingers too. Always decorated with red nail polish, they can give some of the most loving embraces. When they intertwine with mine, I feel like I'm becoming one with her. Like our souls are merging, like there's more than one heart beating in my chest.

I love Lada.