𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

The Encanto was a small community hidden in Colombia. Of all the families that inhabit the community, the Madrigals were perhaps the most notorious ones as they had kept the village flourishing. 

    The Encanto was a haven for all the families that came so long ago looking for a better life, the Madrigals had been their protectors since the beginning and today they will celebrate another addition.

    The Madrigal's house was near a mountain, they had the largest house and the farthest away from the community, today the magical house was lit by many candles and music that could be heard kilometers away.

    Kids and adults were enjoying the gathering, dancing, and playing until the ceremony began.

    On the second floor of the house a small curly head popped between plants that were decorating the house, Alana Rivera tried to look in the floor below to see who had already been found. She quickly spotted Isaiah and Dolores walking together while looking around, it probably wasn't the best idea to have someone that could hear everything to be on the lookout for them but they didn't think that Dolores could pick up where they were just because of their steps, yet.

    Alana knew she had to be careful to not encounter Camilo, he would sacrifice her if it meant he would win. She had already forgotten how many times that had happened and the most infuriating thing was that Camilo would just laugh as she gave him a look of betrayal.

    "Alana, Camilo. Where are you?" Isaiah's voice came close; she froze for a second before realizing they were right below her, Alana tiptoed trying to get away until she heard the sound of another voice that she knew well.

    "Make my family proud"

    Alana walked to the door where Mirabel and her grandmother, Alma Madrigal had been talking as part of the ceremony, explaining the beginning of the gift life had given them. She didn't want to interrupt but they looked at the door and saw her standing there.

    "Hi" Alana raises her hand a little to wave shyly at them, startled at being caught eavesdropping not wanting to give Abuela Alma a bad impression.

    "Alana!" Mirabel walked to her for a quick hug.

    "Let's go, girls" Abuela Alma urges them to walk to the stairs, however, they didn't walk that much before Alana felt something hugging her by the waist and being raised from the floor, she soon realized that it was a vine grabbing her.

    She lost.

    A scolding forms on her face as Abuela Alma and Mirabel laugh a little bit at her, she only gets grumpier when Isaiah's happy face comes into view. She had completely forgotten about the game once she found Mirabel; it also had to do with being in the presence of Abuela Alma. She had always made her feel nervous with her serious face and posture, the only moment she seemed at ease was with her family.

    "I found you" His voice taunts her once her feet touch the ground, he pulls her for a hug that came with a sigh of resignation from the girl.

    "Not fair"

    "I told you I will always find you"

    "This isn't over, I want a rematch after the ceremony"

    "You won't win"

    "But this time, you can make Dolores help you. It's unfair"

    "She is just using her strength"

    "What about Camilo"

    "There's nothing I can do to stop him" he shrugs ", you know how he is"

    "Then how am I supposed to ever win?"

    He looked at her for a moment before offering her a toothy smile. "Be on my team and I'll make you win"

    "You don't know how to win, either"

    "I'll try to find a way for you"

    As they continued their bickering, the crowd started to quiet down, alerting them that the ceremony was about to begin. Isaiah grabbed her hand and started walking toward Alana's family giving her a last glance before moving to stand with his family at the end of the stairs.

    Finally, the moment everyone had been waiting for.

    Mirabel appeared by the entrance and started walking the path the crowd had left to guide her to the sparkling door that was forming at the end of the stair on the second floor.

    As Mirabel walked nervously, having everyone's attention on her. She could only calm down seeing the faces of pride and curiosity of her relatives and friend. This was it, this was her moment.

    With everyone's attention on her, she got to the end to grab the candle and gave her grandma one last look before she moved her hand to grab the handle. Everyone held their breath for a second.

    Then the door glowed.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

English is not my first language but I'll try my best to proofread while writing if you catch any mistake please let me know so I can fix it once the fic is done, if you have any comment that could help me improve my witing that'll be amazing.

    ᴬᵗᵗ: ᴿᵉᵈQᵘᵉᵉⁿ-¹🌸