RED RIGHT HAND

On a gathering storm
Comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat with
A red right hand

On a gathering stormComes a tall handsome manIn a dusty black coat withA red right hand

___***___

November 1929

"Forgive me father, for I have sinned."

The sunlight poured through the mosaic windows that surrounded the church walls , illuminating the confession area as if the saints were watching her. The smell of candles filled the church and it gave Annika a pause from the usual smoke from the dirty streets of London.

"What have you done now Annika? Forgive me if I'm wrong but you came here yesterday for confession. "

"Yes, I did. But now I have something more to confess. "

"Let me guess, you killed someone."

"No, I'm going to kill someone."
After a long pause she continued.
"Mentally."

"Aah the usual Necromancer way."
"Yes."
"Tell me child, is he a bad man?"
"Yes father." Annika drawled.

The father sighed. She knew he would, its how usually he responded to her late night sins.

"What did he do to you?" Father Francis questioned. Just how he usualy did.

"He came to my place and threatened me" Annika laughed, " I want him out of my city to avoid any problems and I don't want him contacting my enemies to destroy me."

Annika took a deep breath. " Im just gonna scare him a bit."

For father Francis this was a usual meet. Annika would come to the church, light the candles  and sit by his side and confess her sins. She usually confessed about her killings, its rare she would come and confess for something which she didn't do but is about to.

"Whats the difference, my child. You never confess before you do something." He looked worried.
"Because who I'm about to hurt is definitely someone to not be meddled with."

"Your scared, you think you've finally met your match." He implored.
"Well, you could put it that way." She replied nonchalantly.

Father Francis sighed and stood  and looked at her. Annika sighed, she felt it coming. The disapproving gaze mixed with the worrisome facial features of father Francis.

She remembered when she first came to him, how he was so welcoming and helped her on her journey.

She looked upto see the same face which she saw whenever she told him she was about to do something very bad.

"Who is it that your messing with Annika." It was almost like a demand but she felt it, the underlying need to know that she is not messing up too badly. The underlying need to keep her safe, the same feeling she felt whenever Rose or Luca is hurt.