The Snake.

I sit on the floor, surrounded by books

I sit on the floor, surrounded by books. I am reading about the killings and how to find Corinthian. I set the book down and stand up. Now the killings are doubled. Like someone is trying to get his attention. I step over to dreams throne and notices a stack of books. I furrow my brows at the book sewn together with leather. I sit onto the throne and place my leg over the arm rest. I kick my foot slightly and read the first line. 'Who's there?' It's Hamlet. I close the book and look to the scarecrow with a pumpkin head. "I don't think you're supposed to be up there." Ahh he speaks. "Well aren't you an odd creature?" I set the book down and smile. "I'm only kidding. Are you the keeper to dreams wonderland?" The scarecrow speaks. "My name is Mervyn. And yes. Now get off before The Dream Lord gets in a little fit that you are on his throne." I look to see Morpheus step in and don't move from my spot.

"She doesn't listen boss. I told you faeries were no good." Dream looks to Mervyn and I look to him. "I take offense to that. We are not all bad." I cross my arms almost throwing a fit. Mervyn starts to leave and I hear Dreams steps to me at I look to the sky. He then places his hand to the top of the throne and the other next to my arm on the arm rest. He clouds my vision of the sky to where I'm looking at his face upside down. "That is my throne." I give a smile and grab the book without looking. "Why are you so intrigued with Hamlet now?" I hold it up and he looks to the side at the book, his features very visible and prominent. "You sparked my interest in the writer I influenced so long ago." He speaks slowly and quietly. Lusciously. He takes the book from my hand and then places it behind his back. "It may take a little longer to find the Corinthian. We have another problem. I need to find my nightmares." I look to him and nod. "That is not a problem. I can help if you would like. I can dream walk as well."

He nods once and looks down to me. "You will need to go to the humans, you can find Corinthian there. That is all I need you to do." I furrow my brows. "You just want me to find Corinthian to make this easier for you?" He furrows his brows as well. "It is what I need you to do." I sit up and then stand, looking to him. "Alright." I speak and nod. "I'll do it." He looks to me and tilts his head slightly. "You fall so easy to my demands." I look to him. "I want to be free to do as I please. So the quicker we do this. The easier we can part ways." He looks almost saddened by this. What does he want me to say? I want to stay here and fall and beg at his every word?

"As you wish." He speaks softly and uses sand to help me get back to my apartment. It's still the same. I change into a different outfit and step down the steps. I continue to walk and step past the old coffee shop. It's deserted now. I place my hands into my pockets and look to it. I continue to step and watch the people. I feel lonely all of the sudden. With dream not badgering me and no one else around me. I feel alone for the first time. I continue to walk and watch everyone who is around me. I have never thought of death actually. The hand full of times I have was when I was with Dream funnily enough. I had never a worry the whole time I've been alive.

I start to step back to the apartment, looking to it

I start to step back to the apartment, looking to it. I've lived here for such a short time it feels like. When I had moved here, I was running from Corinthian. I take a seat at the stairs and look to the sky. "Well. Well. Well. Look who decided to finally show up." I hear in front of me. "My sweet little dream catcher. So. You found Morpheus. Are you gonna tell him about me?" Corinthian looks to me and I look to him. "I wanted to finish you myself actually." I give a smile. "Come on now.. Our time together was not that bad. You just.. seen the wrong thing. Would've been easier for you if you had just knocked sweetheart." He sits beside me and I look to my hand. "I could call him right now. You would go away forever." I look to him and he gives me an award winning smile. "And you'd do that? Lose all your freedom?" I clench my fist and look to him. He's right and he knows it.

"You would never step foot here ever again." He cups my cheek. "It would be treason, Ruby. Your pretty little wings would be plucked from your spine and you'd be lying on the down bleeding, crying for help. You really think Morpheus would help you then?" I look to him and grab his wrist, squeezing it. "He is my friend. He would not." Corinthian hums softly and takes my hand, kissing the knuckles, making me want to be stabbed to death. "That's what he wants you to think. You know humans. Not endless. They are risky. He is using you for what he wants. You'll never see this plain again." He stands and I look up to him. "Your choice. Call him." He waits but I just look up to him. "That's what I thought." He smiles widely and nods his head once. "I'll see you around, Ruby." He starts to step away and I press my nails into my palm so hard it goes numb. I stand and start to step up the stairs. I could run. Maybe never look back.

I step up the stairs to my apartment and shut the door. I lock it and then take my jacket off, hanging it up. I cross my arms and furrow my brows. I move to my room and sit onto the bed, laying back onto it. I crawl up to the pillow and close my eyes once I lay against it. When I sleep, it's normally just darkness. We don't have dreams. Only when we dream walk are we able to experience it. This was different.

I am sat on a nice beach, looking to the ocean. I look to my left and see dream sat beside me. I furrow my brows and look to him. "I never dream. So why do I now?" He looks to me but there's something slightly different about him, I can't tell. "This is just a Dream. I am not me and you are not you." He speak in his sweet soft voice. It's seductive. I hold my arms and look back to the sea. "Then why are we here?" He lets out a soft laugh. It's not what I would expect. I look to him and he is looking forward. The sun on his face create a gleam to his eyes. A yellowish tone to the deep blue. "You want to be here, on the beach with me." He looks back to me and then moves my hair to behind my back. "It's a desire." He says like vibrations through my body. He runs the back of his index finger against my skin then runs his hand against the back of my neck. He pulls me in almost forcefully and presses my lips against his. I go to pull away but melt into it. He pulls back but it's not Morpheus. It's someone else who gives a big smile with red lips. "Oh darling. How funny. You desire my lovely brother." It's almost as the tide comes in fast and I'm being pushed under the surface of the water.

I wake up and take a harsh breath when water is being splashed over me. I stand and take a breath as I look to the person stood against the bars. Their body curved in a seductive way. "How silly. A faery. He has truly outdone himself this time. Not a goddess or a warrior. A Fae." I look to see them. "I'm Desire honey. Don't look so frightened. I'm just making hiccups in my brothers little plan." I step up to the bars and hold them, placing my forehead against them. "I have nothing you want Desire, please. Just let me go." Desire places their forehead against mine and takes my hand. "Lovely. You do though." I reach out and grab their shirt, pulling them against the bar more. "Let me go." I speak lowly and they smile. "It's like he's rubbing off on you. Wow." They grab my wrist and then twist it. I clench my jaw as Desire twists my arm. I let out a yell and then they push me off. "Like I said. A pawn." I hold my arm as I kneel to the ground. I move against the other wall. "Good girl." Desire teases.

"How'd you bring me here?" I ask them and they lay onto the couch that is sat in the middle of the room it seems. The lay on their stomach and kick their feet up. "Hmm. I was already waiting for you in that wretched little apartment. You just fell asleep and it was easy to bring you back. Magic isn't hard sweetie." They look to me and smile. "I think you are rather pretty. Maybe that's why my brother is taken by you." I let out a slight maniacal laugh. "You are an idiot. You're brother only needs me for the fact to help him find something. That is all." They give me a grin and hum. "Well.. that's funny.. I'm sure you would love to stay with Dream if the endless." I stand and then move to sit beside the bars. "It is funny. Because I wouldn't." I give them a straight face and they hum. "Whatever. You're boring." They snap their fingers and a red curtain is closed. I can't see on the other side.

I rest my head against the bar and pull my knees up. I'm freezing. The cold water to wake me up is making my teeth chatter. I move over to the other wall and take a seat, holding myself. I try to get warm against the wall. "Morpheus." I speak softly. It's a plead of help.