six | sei

-

-

RAFFAELE

As Raffaele closed the door to his sister's room, he tried not to sigh too loudly. It was obvious that stress and anxiety were waving off of her in overwhelming amounts. It was reasonable, considering it wasn't every day you find out that you have a mafia boss of a father and will now live in a house of seven men. He expected his sister to cower, maybe even cry in fear. Perhaps even decide to go back to America. He wouldn't blame her, especially with the way she had looked back in that room at the police station.

However, that was the thing he couldn't shake off.

Jilani... did cower, but to an extent. It wasn't the kind of cowering out fear, but the cowering of the unknown. She didn't necessarily fear the unknown, but it was as if she were tensing up for a fight, ready for whatever was thrown at her. It made him wonder just what kind of life she's had.

She told him and their father the vaguest of details, he knew, but something still didn't sit right with him. Why would she want to hide her identity from the rest? Of course, he knew she was only one girl, and revealing her past was something to do with her vulnerability but was it really alright?

Since their father already knew, ideally, it should be alright, but Raffaele knew better than to just believe. It wasn't that he doubted his sister, but he did doubt her past. What had their aunt made her into? Just what kind of girl is she?

He felt such questions were reasonable. He was her brother and one of the oldest, after all. He had seen, experienced, and suffered, through the angst of having her stolen away. He watched as his mother was laid into the ground, he watched as his father decayed into a shell, and he saw what his uncle and aunt did to their once-happy family.

Everyone had their burdens to bear. Was he so wrong to wonder about that of his sister?

Stepping back into the meeting room, Raffaele came face to face with the same sight he had left, no one having moved. They all looked at him expectantly, which told him they hadn't discussed anything while he had been gone either. Pointedly ignoring their stares, Raffaele walked back to his seat, the empty space where Jilani had sat stood out like a sore thumb.

"Well?" Raffaele, expectant. He crossed his arms as he leaned back in his chair.

Giovanni gave him a dirty look, "The fuck do mean? You were the first to make contact with her along with father, what's she really like?"

Raffaele only leveled his twin a glare, "You saw what she's like." He turned to Stefano who was also looking at him, strangely expectant. "She's in an entirely different country in which she has no idea how to read or write the language, making her practically useless to survive. On top of that, she's just realized she's now going to live with seven males, who are also a blood family. What do you think she's really like?"