3

I know I said chapter 3 was going to be posted yesterday but I was dealing with some major writers block lmao 😭 sorry here it is

Also if anyone was curious why the title is "dissemble" it means "disguise or conceal (a feeling or intention)." You probably can connect the dots with that lolol.

__________________
Bruce and Vance had said their goodbyes last night, it was getting dark and the rain seemed to have no end.

It was early in the morning, weather had prohibited any outside activities including Bruce's baseball practice. So, he just sat in his room staring at the ceiling. Not like he had anything better to do.

He found his mind running back to last nights events. Finding Vance on the parks bench, pouring rain and then sitting silently next to each other. He hoped Vance felt the same ease he felt when they sat together.

Almost on cue, he heard his phone go off. Yamada rolled over to his side and turned on his phone, groaning when the bright light of the screen hit his face.

hey it's vance

hi Goldie :)

It's just vance. did you make it home safe ?

juuust fine, how about u ? Are u ok ?

im ok. thanks.

Bruce smiled at his phone like a little girl. He was glad that Vance decided to check up on him, it gave the raven haired boy a fuzzy feeling in his stomach.

are you busy? we should meet at the arcade !

Just because I checked in on you doesn't mean we're friends.

see you in 10 :P
read.

You simply just couldn't say no to Bruce Yamada, Vance noticed that as soon as he found himself getting dressed and heading out the door. It's not like Vance hates Bruce, but they were polar opposites. Why the hell would the schools heartthrob want to hang out with Vance Hopper?

Vance had a hard time trusting people. He felt the world was against him, making him believe that he deserved everything that went wrong. Which wasn't true, he only believed that because it's the only thing he knew. Everything going wrong. Whether it was another fight someone picked with him, or the loud shouts and banging coming from the kitchen when his parents were home. It just had to be his fault.

Vances reputation was absolute shit. A metal head with no self control obviously didn't sit right with anyone, so they went out of their way to start a fight. He wasn't sure why, because he there wasn't a time he lost one. He found it strange how Bruce wasn't scared of him, but he also found it comforting, in a way. Bruce was annoying as hell, and way too touchy, but for whatever reason, he just couldn't tell the boy off for it.

Vance admired the way Yamada kept a smile on his face. The blonde couldn't remember the last time he felt genuinely happy. Meeting Bruce, he hoped, no, prayed that maybe all people weren't so shitty. He still wasn't buying it though.

"What an asshole." The blonde whispered to himself, kicking a stray rock in his way maybe a little too aggressively.

______

When Vance reached the entrance, the sight of Bruce sitting pretty in a booth made his mind clear. That boy looked fresh out of a painting, but Vance wouldn't ever admit that.