Chapter 10

It's been a few days since the incident at the cafe.

When Yeji got home, she texted Ryujin telling her that she wasn't feeling well, to which the girl responded in worry and wanted to come over to give Yeji some medicine but the brunette was insistent that Ryujin didn't have to.

ryujin: okay, well take care of urself then, ill see u soon?

yeji: yeah, dw about me :)

The soloist did send her texts after that, wondering if Yeji was free to hang out, as they've usually been doing but Yeji simply excuses herself, saying that she has some deadlines due and that she can't hang out. It also helps that Ryujin's still in the middle of promotions so her window of time to hang out is minimal anyway.

Which isn't far from the truth, she actually does have some assignments due but thats beside the point.

She's aware Ryujin's promotions end soon, which means its likely for them to go back to their set in stone weekly dates.

Yeji feels bad for ignoring the girl, but she didn't know what else to do when that bubbling feeling of jealousy overtook her whole body. The best course of action to her was to distance herself in order to sort out her thoughts.

Which also seemed to be the worst course of action due to how their relationship has progressed in the past few weeks, which left Yeji floundering at the sudden lack of Ryujin's presence in her life after the soloist made her way back into Yeji's so seamlessly.

Yeji misses her.

She sighs outwardly as she stands in the elevator leading her up to her floor, wondering what she could do to make up for her sudden ghosting.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open, she walks out and turns right towards her apartment.

Only to find a figure sitting on the ground, leaning back on her door.

The sound of her footsteps make the figures head shoot up.

"Yeji!" Ryujin looks at her in shock before she quickly stands up from the floor, brushing her pants before shifting her gaze back to the brunette.

"What are you doing here?" Yeji looks around to see if anyone is around, the last thing she needs is her neighbours to recognise Ryujin.

Hell, she hasn't even talked to any of her neighbours since she moved in. Yeji never seems to bump into them whenever she heads in or out of her apartment.

Ryujin opens her mouth to explain but Yeji interrupts her, "Actually, let's go inside. We can talk in there." Yeji unlocks her apartment and enters with Ryujin following behind her.

The brunette sets her bag on the counter when Ryujin speaks.

"Are you mad at me?"

Yeji turns around, visibly confused at Ryujin's question, "What?"

The blue-haired girl fidgets in her spot, her hand reverting to her nervous habit of fiddling with her sleeve, "I'm not stupid, Yeji. You were avoiding me."

Yeji tries to reply but nothing comes out.

Ryujin looks at her expressionless before sighing, "Whatever it is I did, I'm so—"

"No! U-Uh—" The soloist looks at her in surprise.

Yeji sighs exasperatedly, "I'm sorry, it wasn't you, I really was busy with assignments." She lies through her teeth easily.