𝕾eis;

" HER, THE SUPERNOVA "
19 september 1996

𝔚alking alone down the street, the brunet began to think maybe leaving Rue crying in their apartment was self-sabotage. He couldn't help but imagine he would come back home and see suitcases filled with his belongings in front of their door.

Little did he know, his girlfriend would never let him go.

His thoughtful stroll has led to him to a quiet restaurant. Despite the fact he had lived in the city for years, he never properly acknowledged it. Perhaps this could be a good spot for him to clear his mind, escape from all the dramatics of his life.

Stepping inside, he was met with a sense of homeliness. Moses' eyes scanned the room. He placed himself in an empty seat and waited to be served. The place seemed nothing out of the ordinary until—

Her. The waitress. She looked exactly like a dream. Her features were soft and romantic; the sheen of the warm lighting complemented her glowing caramel complexion; ebony curls framed her defined visage, making her look like an angel; the woman has plump lips that curled into a radiant and contagious grin (he could feel the corners of his mouth upturn as he continued to gaze at her). She was the pinnacle of perfection.

In slow motion, the waitress walked up to him, notepad and pen ready in her dainty hands. "Good evening, sir, can I take your—Oh! Are you okay?"

He was confused. "What is it?"

"Your nose... It's bleeding."

Moses brought his finger to the edge of his nostrils and sighed when he saw crimson red substance covering the skin. "Oh." He wasn't sure whether the blood was a reaction to Rue's punch earlier or his instant attraction to the woman in front of him.

"Wait here. I'm going to get you a tissue."

He watched dreamily as she hurried away.

" INTRODUCE YOURSELVES "
19 september 1996

"My name is Iman, by the way." She commented as they both sat down together in one of the booths.

Moses grinned at her words, holding a bundle of tissues to his nose. "I'm Moses."

"Well, Moses, you know you're supposed to hold your head up like that when you have a nosebleed."

"What?"

"Let me help." Iman stood up and stepped to his side of the table. Placing one hand on the brunet's cheek and the other on the tissues, she tilted his head downwards.

With the beautiful contrast of their skin tones and the tense eye contact they held, Moses almost spiralled into a state of vertigo.

" CHEMISTRY "
19 september 1996

"I just realised; I never actually took your order." Iman commented.

"Right. But I guess I've lost my appetite now."

"Unfortunately for you, my boss says people have to order something if they want to stay in here."

"Oh?"

"Yeah." She picked up her notepad and pen once again. "Our special for today is.. uh.. Boilabase?"

Moses laughed at her mispronunciation. "You mean Bouillabaisse?"

"Wow, are you French or something?"

"Yes, actually. I am."

Iman raised her eyebrows, impressed. "You should take my job. The chef is always cooking French foods I can't pronounce." There's a pause. "I'm joking. Don't do that."

They laughed. Floating in the atmosphere was an unmissable chemistry between them. Moses never got that with Rue.

"I would love to try the Bouillabaisse but I don't have any money on me. Maybe another time?" Moses said with a modicum of sadness.

Iman frowned. "Awh, that's a shame."

He stood up and walked towards the exit. He turned around and looked at her. She was watching him go when he said, "I'll come back soon."

"Don't forget your cash next time."