People fear you

People back away from you in fear of what you are

I woke up in the cold, dark room. Slowly, I sat up and groaned as I felt the deep wounds that lined my back. I moved my shoulder blades up and down, noticing the soreness that came from them. I tilted my head up slightly and scanned my surroundings. The floor beneath me was cold and hard. Chains were bound to my wrists and hooked into the floor behind me. "Witch! Kill the witch!" I heard voices chanting. I breathed in heavily, shaking under the weight the chains had on my arms. My lace dress was ripped and shredded, revealing the horrific purple and green splotches running down my side.
    I realized that I was moving when I was sent tumbling into the wall beside me and I whimpered weakly. We came to a sudden halt and the doors behind me flung open, revealing the blinding light of the blazing yellow sun above. I quickly turned away from the blinding aura when a hand reached out towards me and grasped my arm. I shrieked as I was yanked out of the carriage and landed onto the ground with me meeting it on my side. I gasped for breath and coughed violently, feeling the air rush out of my lungs. "Stand up, you ugly wrench. This town will be clensed when your body turns to ashes in front of the whole village." A man with a commoner's hat and clothing said as he spit in my face.
    I looked up at him and breathed heavily, gazing at him with a cold glare. He smirked before reaching down and hauling me up by my shoulders. He dragged me up wooden stares and then forcefully shoved me against the post in the middle of the platform. Two redcoats marched up the stairs, holding a thick rope. They stretched it out and walked towards me, going behind my line of sight and wrapped the rope around my waist, traveling up to my lower chest. My heart raced and my breath was rapid. A priest holding the village bible came to the stand and came in front of me as the townspeople gathered around. "Do you, Maria Esprana Belamane have any final words to plead for your life?" He asked, his tone demanding. I leveled my gaze with his and then looked out at the village residents. "Only this... when my true self is revealed to you all, may you find fear a consuming thing. My spirit will haunt this town, cursing you as you fall to your knees, pleading for mercy."
    With my final words spoken I rose my head valiantly as the executioner came towards me with a flaming torch. He lit the dead shrubs underneath my feet, making everything catch on fire. The blazing inferno traveled up my legs and around the rope. The heat was so overpowering and I screamed loudly. The village people began to cheer in joy, believing that the 'witch' was finally done away with. But oh how wrong they were... I closed my eyes and transformed into a viscous beast... the scales of the creature were as black as the twilight sky and my eyes were an ice cold blue that would stop any unsuspecting victim in their tracks. Some would call me a dragon... others would say a wyvern... I was freed from my bonds and I walked through the fire slowly.
    A deep, menacing growl escaped my throat and I peeled back my lips, revealing the rows and rows of serrated, white teeth. Every human took steps back, the fear of my presence overtaking them. "A demon! The demon has been released from the perishing of the witch!" A woman cried out. I narrowed my eyes, hungry for revenge. With a final roar, a blinding white blast shot out of my throat, setting everything... everyone... ablaze. No one would ever be left to tell their children or grandchildren about the black beast with the wintery gaze.