F o u r

𓊈𝓺𝓾𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓮 𓊉

Collywobbles
n. Butterflies in stomach

𓉳

"Where are we going?" Loki questioned, curiously. It was 4 in the morning, the best hour, Celeste decided, to buy the essential foods, since no one would be awake by then.

She couldn't go back to the Sanctum, since opening a portal would be too noisy.

"Shopping" she replied, "There's a small store nearby, we can buy everything we need there". She pointed over to a building squeezed between two larger apartments.

They walked over to the shop. She led him over to the fruit section, "Choose whatever you want, though it has to be under thirty dollars".

He nodded, picking out half a dozen bananas and two apples. "Wait here" she instructed and walked away.

After a while, Celeste came back with four cup ramens and a water bottle. "C'mon, d'you have everything? Good".

They were almost at the counter when two S.H.I.E.L.D agents entered, and interrogated the lady about them. Celeste pulled Loki to the last aisle, behind a shelf, and out of sight. The agents sighed and proceeded to where the duo were, her breath hitched. "Shit" Celeste hissed.

Her eyes lit up with an idea. But that's disgusting, she thought. Sighing, she turned to him. "My aunt Nat once said, 'Public Displays Of Affection Makes People Very Uncomfortable'. You have to do this if you don't want to be locked up in a cell".

A part of her mind cringed at the thought, but she had to. She avoided the god's confused stares and kissed him.

He froze and stood rooted to the spot. Finally understanding the meaning of her actions, he decided to play along, kissing her back. He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

It's alright, you've done this a million times before, this isn't any different, right? Loki asked himself, But why, then, did this feel so different?

They lost themselves in the kiss. The pair didn't even realise the agents had seen them and slowly walked away, embarrassed.

Five minutes after the departure of the two S.H.I.E.L.D agents, they finally broke the kiss. Celeste wiped her lips on her sleeve and scoffed at the smug smirk on the prince's face. "You just couldn't resist me, could you?" Loki asked. "Oh, shut up, will you? We both know that was just to escape being imprisoned" Celeste scorned.

There was an awkward silence between them as they neared the counter. The lady's eyes widened at the sight of them and she dialed a number on the phone, "Please, we're not criminals! Besides I lost my virginity just to get rid of those agents, don't make me regret that" Celeste pleaded.

The lady was taken aback and nodded, silently billing the items.

A/N: Ooh, the first kiss! Ik it's a bit soon, but whatever