T e n

𓊈𝓭𝓲𝔁 𓊉

Longanimity
n. Silent suffering while plotting revenge

𓉳

The girl looked at her, with no facial expression. "What?" Boyd questioned.

"Didn't you know? I'm the one who murdered your little parents" she replied, flinching at the gun pointed at her. She slowly pressed the emergency button behind her back, while Boyd wasn't looking.

"Y-You killed my parents?" her voice broke, "WHY?!".

"You see, your parents were once part of Hydra, too, but they betrayed us by leaking our information to those stupid people at S.H.I.E.L.D. So, I took revenge, it was quite satisfactory. I've been trying to kill you ever since. I didn't want a reminder of their unloyalty" she explained. Why weren't those stupid guards coming?!, she thought furiously.

Her answer came, when a raven-haired man entered, with blood on his hands. The guard's body slumped unconscious when the door opened.

"Ma'am, we haven't found a substitute for the bom-" Priscilla shrieked at the scene, dropping some documents. The man approached her, with two daggers in each hand. She fearfully backed away, pleading for her life.

The shot sounded, it was not that loud, but loud enough for the president to come running to the spot, surrounded by guards. "You're welcome" Celeste mumbled, tossing the gun at him as she walked past him, dragging Loki behind.

He stood in shock and confusion, until a guard informed him that the dead, blonde woman lying before him was the leader of Hydra.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

𓉳

"Did you know?" Celeste asked, approaching Strange. He nodded. "The only reason I told you not to go after her was to prevent you from becoming a murderer, like her. I'm sorry" he apologized.

"Er, not to ruin the moment, but may I have a cup of tea? I'm thirsty" Loki chuckled, nervously.

Out of the blue, Celeste hugged him. He stood rooted to the spot.

"Thank you, for everything" she mumbled against his chest.

She smiled warmly, and proceeded to the kitchen.

Strange looked at him suspiciously. "Is something going on between you two?" he asked.

Loki shook his head. To be honest, he didn't quite know the answer himself.

Thor came running at him, "Brother! Where have you been?" he asked, arms outstretched. "I've had enough hugs for today, thank you very much" Loki muttered.