Chapter 26- Newspaper

(Y/n)'s pov
A few weeks had passed, and that morning Clay and I were organizing what little we knew about the pizzeria affair. As we debated possible suspects.
At that moment Chief Jones entered our room, which was still shared by other police officers, each with their own desk. The man carried a rolled-up newspaper in one of his hands. Before saying anything, the man slammed the newspaper on the table causing a crash that drew everyone's attention.
"Detectives, have you read today's news?"
I looked at Clay who stared back at me for a brief moment and so we stared at our boss at the same time.
"No, sir," Clay replied.
"Very well..." He threw the newspaper on the table causing the pages to slowly unroll before our eyes "You should read it."
The words were stamped on the first pages.
"Murdered Children: Are the Police Covering Up the Criminal?"
"Shit!" My colleague blurted out, gritting his teeth.
"You need to act or I'll have to put other detectives on the case" As he said that, Jones left the room, leaving an atmosphere of tension in the air. The other officers stared at us with wide eyes.
Clay threw his head back and sighed deeply, looking exhausted by the whole thing.
"We need to solve this case, and soon," he muttered.