ㅡChapter 1ㅡ

- What's a soulmate?

- A long time ago, people had two heads, four arms, and four legs. But one day, a god split human beings in two, deeming them too immature to be this powerful. Since that day, humans are constantly looking for the second part of their heart, their second head, and their lost members.

- How do I know if I found my soulmate?

- Cheolly, one day you will meet someone who will make you sing, the more you will frequent this person and the more your feelings for them will increase, you will want to spend all your time and more in their arms. When you realize these feelings then the birds will start to sing and a red thread will link you forever to this person.

- But mom... What if this person just disappeared?

- So you'll have to let it go my darling, it's dangerous to play with fate. But I trust you, my love, you have a beautiful heart.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

It was the pretty sing of the birds, the wind, nature, and the sunshine which came to warm the tip of his nose which woke him up that morning. He turned his head, with his mid-closed eyes, just to see with regret that he didn't closed nor his window nor his shutters last night before he went to bed. He groaned as he buried his face in his pillow which he founded a way too soft to be comfortable one day.

But his school could afford to pay for suitable equipment. All the wealth of the country was gathered in this so-called "elite" school. It was a kind of huge establishment bringing together school, middle school, and high school (the university being in another place). The students spent their entire schooling here and all of them were the kinds of extremely rich daddy's boy that Seungcheol hated so much. Despite this, he appreciated the atmosphere of his campus, the building was at a significant distance from the city which cut them off from any intrusive noise and allowed them to see nature by simply raising their heads, while not being too far from the city center which could be reached by bus (although it takes about half an hour). What Seungcheol particularly liked was the huge wooded park that surrounded the main building and its secondary buildings. He liked to spend hours between the trees, taking advantage of the silence and nature, sometimes, when he could not find sleep, he left his dormitory discreetly and went to the lake which was at the bottom of the reserve. He found this place magical when the moon kissed the impassive surface of the greenish water. It was his place, where no one bothered him, where he didn't let anyone bother him.

It was when his alarm clock rang that Seungcheol rolled and fell from his bed. He crawled out of his blanket and, his hair standing on his head, he headed for the bathroom of his dorm room.

His room was well placed. In the morning he had the sun which came to illuminate his day and from his window, he had a view of a small patch of bamboo which had grown (according to the director of the establishment) overnight. The wild nature of the bamboos had made such that the entire eastern surface of the boarding school had been blocked by these plants that could not be removed.

He quickly moved into the shower and began to put on his school uniform. He must have spent ten minutes wondering what t-shirt to wear under the white shirt that was mandatory by the establishment. Seungcheol didn't hate his uniform, he only found the gray plaid pants and black and gold jacket to be dull and sad. Finally, he opted for a red t-shirt and left his shirt open, refusing to put on his tie. The summer holidays had just ended and the air was still heavy during the day, although the evenings were getting cooler. He ended up hanging the small metal crest with his name engraved on it above his chest and left the bathroom after brushing his teeth.

Seungcheol didn't eat breakfast. He found it useless, and then it allowed him to gain a little more sleep time, and in high school, that time was precious, too precious.