We're Way Past Plan B...

This wasn't happening, I can't help but think as I watch the city continue to rise. "I got airborne coming up to the bridge." I hear Friday say in my comm as Steve and I are thrown backwards.

"Cap, Myra, you got incoming." Dad tells us.

"Incoming already came in." Steve grunts out as I groan.

"Son of a bitch." I groan out and Steve offers me a hand to get up.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve gives our orders.

"That was less motivational. Clearly that was the one you came up with on the spot and the one on the jet was premeditated." I say as I throw an Ultron over the edge, twisting my hands as I do so to tear the bot in half.

I watch in horror as a red convertible with a woman in the driver's seat starts to fall from the bridge. Steve runs and grabs the bumper. I watch him strain before the bumper separates from the car and she begins falling to the earth below. "Thor!" I yell when I see him flying up. He hears her scream and follows her. He grabs her, throwing her up towards us. Steve jumps down and grabs her, holding on to the exposed metal rods of the bridge. Concentrating, I use my powers to pull them the rest of the way, setting them down gently beside me.

"You can't save them all." An Ultron says, running over to us, weapon raised. "You'll never..."

But before he could answer, Steve threw his shield at him, slicing him in half and throwing his body off the bridge. "Never what? You didn't finish!" he yells after him.

"Your sense of humor is devolving from too much time around Dad." I say as Thor drops a car full of people back down.

"What, were you napping?" Steve asks Thor, ignoring my observation. I roll my eyes as we run towards the city center and rejoin the others. I fly up into the air and once I'm surrounded, I let out a massive amount of power, effectively disabling them.

"We're all clear here." Barton comes through over comms.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve yells as he kicks his shield into the torso of an Ultron, severing it in half. I join Wanda and the square lights up in red and pink as we use our powers collectively to destroy a group of robots that had some local law enforcement pinned down. I notice a blue blur off to the side that stops quickly, his shirt sleeve smoking a little from where a bullet grazed it.

We gather the citizens, leading them to hide in a building right off the square. "The next wave is gonna hit any minute." Steve says. I choke out a cough caused by the dust hanging in the air. "What do you got Stark?"

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." Dad replies.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger and bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice."

"Steve, these people are going nowhere. If Dad finds a way to blow this rock..." I trail off.

"Not till everyone's safe."

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."

"I'm not saying we should leave." He turns and looks at me sharply. "There's worse ways to go. At least the view is pretty great." I say, looking out at the clouds.

"Glad you like the view Mini Stark. It's about to get better." Fury's voice crackles over comms. Steve and I look out in amazement as the helicarrier rises through the clouds. "Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve says.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asks.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be." Steve replies.

"This is not so bad."

"Our orders, Captain?" I ask.

"Let's load them up." And we all run back towards the buildings.