12

i head to my room to get dressed before the vlog, and i sigh as i sit down. i should be so happy, i should be excited for my future, but i can't help but feel exhausted.

it's one of my grey days, as my mom likes to call it.

i look in the mirror, looking at my knobby knees, my huge torso, my big forehead.

suddenly, i don't feel like going out.

i shake my head, snap out of it. i smile convincingly into the mirror, i just need to get through the day.

i get dressed and head outside, where clays waiting.

"isn't it a little hot for a hoodie?" he nods down to my outfit

i shake my head, "its fine."

clay grins, "soo tell me all the details, what happened last night?" he grins

a smile instantly appears on my face, "clay it was perfect. we went out on the deck, just to look at the stars. we talked, and he told me he liked me."

toby walks out, "i'm so going to win this."

i nudge clay as to say, don't mention tommy.

sapnap and george run in shortly after, "oh i'm so going to find all you losers." nick grins
-------
we arrive to the park clay rented, and each grab our mini vlog cams. sapnap gives us five minutes to hide, and everyone starts sprinting different directions.

"nat, let's team up." tommy whispers, a mischievious smile on his face.

"if you make me lose, ur going to wish u never met me."

we run until we reach a shed, and he pulls me in. we're chest to chest against the wall, and i feel my cheeks run hot.

"your cute when ur flustered," he chuckles

the shed is small, but big enough we can both sit down. he pulls out a little bag, and opens it.

of course, like the child he is, it's full of candy.

i raise an eyebrow, "what, is this ur leftover trick or treating candy?"

"if we're going to win, we're going to be here awhile. take some."

i look down, and i feel the grey starting to come back, "actually, i'm not really hungry. i will later."

tommy pauses, like he's thinking- before pulling out his vlog cam.

"ello chat, me and nat are currently hiding in the shed, and we're going to fucking win this entire thing. she's a lucky woman to be partnered with me."

i roll my eyes, "one, there is no chat tommy. two, i won't be so lucky when we're caught because you can't keep your bloody voice down."

he turns the camera off, and i lean against him. 

"are you alright?" he plays with my hair, "you seem a little off today."

"i'm not having a good day," i admit, "when i was little, my mom used to call it a 'grey day.'"

i look up at him, scanning his eyes for any trace of mocking, but they're filled with genuine concern.

"i get that." he looks at the wall, "anything in particular your upset about?"

maybe the fact that i'm not good enough for u.

"no, just feeling off." i smile, "tell me something about you."

"umm i like red?"

"no tommy," i giggle, "something not surface level, something honest."

he sighs, and unwraps a snickers, "okay, a naked truth, like that one book. well nat, i have never ever liked someone as much as i like you. everything i see, reminds me of you. i don't think i could imagine myself ever liking someone more. your turn."

my cheeks are hot, and i pause to think of one.

"i used to dance right? well the reason i stopped-"
i'm cut off by a branch breaking, and my hand claps over my mouth.

"sapnap" tommy mouths and we shrink into the corner.

"ohhh childrennn," nick sings, "one of you have to be around here."

tommy and i have each other's hands over our mouths trying to stop us from laughing.

the handle on the shed starts to turn, and we shrink as little as we can into the shadows.

nicks head pokes in, he scans the room, and just as we're about to give up, he closes the door.

my jaw drops, and tommys face is all screwed up from trying not to laugh.

when we deem the coast clear, we burst out cackling.

"HOW- WHAT?!" i whisper shout

"THAT MAN IS A BLOODY IDIOT,"
_______

744 words