1.07

The first person she saw was Lucienne and the angel wished to stay and talk but finding Morpheus and resolving this before losing the little courage inside her was more important, so she had to apologize while saying that she must find the Lord of the Dreaming. The loyal librarian seemed to know exactly what was going on, for she only smiled at the other leaving her to search him. The castle was enormous but right now it was like something infinite, and it was kind of annoying Seraphina, it was like she was walking and walking but never getting there. It wasn't really a search for she knew exactly where he was, she knew Morpheus like the palm of her hand and even he couldn't deny it.

- Seraphina, you are here. - hearing him say her name made her realize that she was finally at the throne room. Her courage was slowly dying inside her, just looking at him made her brain melt a little.

- Morpheus... - it was now or never. Maybe if she ended as a fool the Creator would take pity on her and keep the angel only at the Silver City, not having to deal with feelings that were so mortals that someone like her really shouldn't be able to feel the same. - We must talk. - he opened his mouth so say something, but she stopped him. - No, what I truly meant to say it is that I must talk, and you must listen. Surely it will be extremely hard for you, my lord, since you are so keen in only talking.

- If it is about...

- Be quiet, I need to say it and I need you to hear it. - she had no intention on letting him say anything until she finished. - The last time I was here you hurt me deeply, in ways you can not understand. All this time I really thought that I could not feel anything and perhaps that is why I had this need to watch the mortals. I desired to feel just a little bit of it, only to know that it was possible. To know that I am as alive as they are. - tears started to form on her eyes. - Here, at the Dreaming, it felt like something warm was growing inside me and suddenly Lucienne, Merv, Jessamy, Cain, Abel, you and many other habitants became something to me. Something important. And for Heaven's sake, I was content with feeling this and just this, it was not my fault.

- What are you... - once again she didn't let him finish it, she couldn't stop now.

- We spent so many times together, visiting your realm and dreams in general and...something else started to grow, different than what I feel about the others. I was not sure exactly what it was until you took me to see your creations. We were there and it was so simple and common and yet my heart started beating differently. I am the Angel of Love, you can say a lot of things about me, but I know love and right there I knew what was going on. - Seraphina started to walk closer to his throne, stopping a few feet from him. - I tried to deny it to myself, but to deny love for me is like asking for a human to stop breathing. And then I found out you were courting Calliope and again I fought really hard to not let it show. All I have ever wanted was for you to be happy, when you told you two were to be wed with such a smile on your face how could I be anything but happy for you? Calliope was not a bad person, and you were both so happy. - she thought this would be much harder than it was, once it started it was like a natural thing to just continue vomiting her feelings out. - For years I stood by your side, saw your child grow into a beautiful man with so much love in his heart. It was not my wish that his story ended like it did, but it was not Calliope's fault, and it was not mine either.

- I did not!

- Yes, you did. I could see it in your eyes, Morpheus, you blamed love and consequently me for the events. You left your wife, and I was the one to help her glue the piecer of her own heart, I had to be there because you wouldn't. Do you have any idea how it was for me? How I felt all this time? It pained me stay close, but how could I leave knowing how broke you two were? I had hope that maybe with time things were going to be okay, because I would rather see you happy with her than miserable alone. - the Dream Lord looked at her like he needed to say something but was willing to wait for her to finish talking. - It is irritating how every fiber of my being loves you, because I want you in ways that I should not. You are right, I am an angel, and we are not supposed to feel anything, we are indeed soldiers who were put here as a meaning to an end. I do not know how all of this is possible, but I am no longer able to pretend. I made that promise to Calliope not only because she is my friend but also because deep down, we both know that you would never forgive yourself if something happened to her. - he stood up and walked closer to her, they were an inch from each other now. - My intentions were to never tell you the truth, especially since you told me those things. But the truth it is that each passing that it comes closer to the day I will have to fight in a war I do not wish and when I have to do this... I do not wish to leave this place with regrets. - his palm caressed her check, swiping away a tear that just fell. - I love you, Morpheus. I have loved you for so long, before even knowing what it was. I can not stop it and I do not want to. - she opened her eyes, the angel didn't even notice that they were closed until now.

- Am I allowed to speak now? - the Dream Lord was almost completely serious, if it wasn't for his small smile. The brunette closed her eyes again and nodded her head, not knowing if she was ready for what was to come. - I had no right to say those things, you must know that I do not believe you are a puppet or anything else I said. When I saw that you made a promise to Calliope, the kind that could leave you injured, it made my blood boil because in your loyalties should be with the Dreaming. With me. I was blind and could not see what was right in front of me. - he pulled her even closer, something that she thought impossible at the moment. The angel felt her heart racing more than ever, it was like her whole body could feel every beat. - That day I knew that I was trying to fool myself all those centuries. Here was I saying that there was a void in you but truly it was inside me and only you could fill it. Fill me. Seraphina...forgive me for taking so long to realize my own feelings and expressing them poorly. That shall never happen again, I will spend every second for the rest of our days making sure you know that I love you. Because I do. Seraphina, I love you so much that if I lost you all my happiness would be ripped away from me forever. - no more words needed to be said. Soon there was no more space between them and finally, after what it felt like an eternity for both, lips collided. The kiss was definitely worth the wait.

...

a/n: today it was like Calliope was blessing me with inspiration and I just had to post it. Hope y'all enjoy it!

a/n²: just noticed some grammar mistakes that I needed to correct.