stay / lumine

|lumine x fem reader
REQ BY @Rainydays1245
i did this on impulse at 11 pm with no sleep and school in 8 hours. All for lumine
IVE JUST REALIZED ALL OF MY UPDATES R ALL FROM RANDOM BURSTS OF ENERGY AT LIKE 12 ON A SCHOOL NIGHT LMFAOOOOOOOO
_____

the sky was a deep indigo, stars spilled gracefully across the sight in front of your eyes. you could feel the dewy, slightly moist grass on your finger tips as the wind caresses your skin like silk. it was a light breeze, lightly brushing against you. it wasn't as if a sight like this was new; you had seen it plenty of times more than enough; but could anyone ever get used to such a sight? all your worries had washed away like waves, and you wanted to think of nothing else in the moment.

or perhaps the scene held in front of you currently had felt even more like a fantasy because of the traveler beside you, also admiring the sight. there was something else you would want to admire at this moment rather, golden locks sprawled on the grass, the night stars reflected in her golden orbs. if it were like this always, you could admire the stars endlessly.

you and lumine had been traveling for as long as you could recall the day she came to mondstat. a blessing was the least to say so, everyday with her full of color and adventure. it painted your dull days with vibrant life.

you pause the reminiscence, as your lips part. the words had come out of your mouth without thinking, the pent up emotions you held until now spilled. "we've travelled the whole world at this point in search of your brother and saved nations. what will you do now that you've reunited with him, lumine?"

you knew that this short lived fleeting joy wouldn't last forever. you had known from the start what her goals were, yet saying the words yourself hurt more than expected. and the end you knew would come after was knowledge you had known from the very start, but you couldn't help yourself at all when it came to the blonde. it was hopeless. a hopeless love, really. you had delayed hearing the answer, denying the truth to yourself for so long and you knew yourself that it would end very soon.

a short pause and silence erupts, before she answers. "y/n, what do you mean? what are you thinking?" it's a tone of slight disappointment. and that slight emotion from her voice was what you dreaded most. perhaps it was selfishness you felt, desperately wanting her to stay with you. desperately hoping that maybe, she would feel how you do.

if this is how it really ends, then you would wish for a happy parting, you decide through a bitter smile. "lumine, once you leave teyvat, you can't forget me at all okay? i'll leave you with something that you can keep for memory. let's meet here tomorrow so i can gift it to you,"

god. you couldn't be happy. you couldn't be happy for her. why? she found her brother so she can go back home now. why aren't you happy? did you think she would stay?

so embarrassing, you think to yourself, biting your lip as a tear wells up. thank god it was night.

"...okay y/n. i will see you here tomorrow."

expectedly, this was how it would end. you don't want to admit what you were hoping. "mhm," you can only hum, afraid that if you spoke anymore, you'd end up bawling your eyes out on the spot.

"i'll see you here tomorrow and the day after. the week after. the month after. the year after." lumine continues where she left off. her hand, warm like lit charcoals grabbed yours, grasping it as if she would never let go.

those charcoals were all it took for your heart to set off in fire, your whole being feeling like you were on fire.

"i'm not leaving y/n. why do you think i'll leave? i found friends and family in teyvat, i found love. i found you! i didn't think you were so dense," golden eyes turn over to stare into yours, her lips breaking into a smile. that was all it took for you to break.

"...!!!!! why are you crying??!!" lumine then gasps, as all the emotions you had pent up until now went loose. you couldn't stop the flow of tears uncontrollably spilling out your tear ducts, and the small smile of absolute relief.

"lumine...i thought you would leave me," you can only continue crying and hiccuping, as the blonde can only sigh, yet pull you into an embrace. "stupid."