I'm home baby

WE DID NOT WRITE THIS. WE DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS STORY, ALL THE CREDIT GOES TO THE WRITER.

I wasn't unfamiliar with one-night stands. One evening a few weeks ago, I went out alone and them home with a stranger. I was drunk...drunker than I had been in a long time. I don't remember much about that night. Just certain sensations. His amorous musk, the silk of his sheets, his lustrous bite upon my neck, and those dark, mysterious eyes.

I left in the morning and didn't contact him after; I wasn't after something serious. I had given him fake digits and lived in Jersey. New York flings were easy. My night out had, ultimately, been successful.

A week later a coworker at the firm addressed the bruise on my neck with a raised brow and a smirk. I was surprised the hickey was still there. I was even more surprised when it was there a week later, along with a slight rash. And I was surprised yet again when I touched it earlier this evening, feeling the lump under the skin.

I went home and examined it in the mirror. I squeezed it. I gasped as a shard of metal broke the skin. It hurt very badly, but I tweezed it out. Blood drizzled down my neck as I stared at the chip, horrified.

I heard a noise and turned around
Slowly, I crept into the living room. It was dark, so I switched the light on. There he was, sitting on the sofa with a knife in one hand and flowers in the other. His dark, soulless eyes stared at me as he said...

"I'm home, baby."