03

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐉 𝐔 𝐋 𝐈 𝐄 𝐓˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

  smiling to myself i tuck my hands deeper into my favourite dark blue sweatshirt. my shoes tap against the cement sidewalk as my eyes follow each droplet wetting its surface.

deciding to count them as i walk i manage to distract myself from the worries of getting wet, rather, enjoying the puddles that formed beneath me.

  as i look up my face is greeted with a single rain drop sliding down my cheek. i love the rain but as i gaze around, i very soon realise that walking to school wasn't the brightest idea.

just as the thought slipped my mind a car rolled up right beside me.

the window rolled down revealing a slightly confused lucas as he leaned over the tunnel console to open the car door. "juliet?" he called out.

  i rush in clutching my backpack and slide into the front seat. my locks now damp and busy transforming into faint waves.

"thanks." i softly say before looking down towards myself. although i didn't walk in the rain for more than ten minutes i still seemed to have gotten my sweater all wet.

noticing this, lucas reached behind my seat a grey hoodie appearing in his hands. "here." he offered.

  grateful, i accept his offer and slowly began to remove the sweater from my now chilled body when i freeze in my actions as i remember the situation i'm in. "uh, could you-"

"go ahead." he chuckled whilst covering his doe like green eyes away from my view and settling his head upon the steering wheel in front of him. "i'm not looking i swear."

gently changing out of my damp cold clothes and slipping into lucas' hoodie my body immediately switched from goosebumps all over to being engulfed in a comfortable warmth.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

  sighing softly to myself i skim through the book we'd chosen for the assignment, well, the book he'd chosen.

every now and then my lightly lit eyes would glance around my relaxed body that lay on the beanbag of the school library to check for any professors.

  even though it was lunch and everyone was supposedly anywhere but the library i decided to spend my time someplace quiet to read, and with every page i turned i would happily reward myself with an apple slice.

blowing my cheeks out as soon as the bell rang for next period i lift myself off the beanbag and head for the semi-empty school hallway.

i gently place the book in my bag and zip it up all the way as i turn a corner and pass the schools bathroom.

pause.

"hello?" i speak towards the boys bathroom door expecting no response but focusing on the heavy huffs and soft sobs seeping from the other side.

i step closer and press my ear against the cold surface of the door being careful not to push it open by mistake and witness something i probably wouldn't like to see.

whoever is in there could either be doing couple yoga or getting silently murdered. either way it's none of my business but my concern disguised as curiosity wins me over and i gently push the door open.

"lucas?" my eyebrows stretch up as i analyse what's in front of me.

a brown haired boy digs his head into his knees pulled up againts his chest as he leans against the wall behind him for support. his breaths are heavy and cut short and his zip up sweatshirt lay on the floor by his feet.

he lifts his sweat beaded face up and his panicked eyes connect with mine. his body starts to scramble to get up and collect himself and i take a step inside shutting the door behind me.

"lucas- hey, wait it's okay, you're okay." i reach out to him but don't touch him afraid it might agitate him more.

"breathe, in and out." i grimace at the awkward phrase everyone uses to calm people down but i didn't know what else to say, the boy clearly forgot how to breathe.

he takes a steady breath and his chest seems to calm down into slow rising movements before he runs his fingers through his messy hair and picks up his sweatshirt from the floor.

"how'd you do that." he swallows and wipes off any evidence of stray tears along his face.

i shrug and take a step back once i've gathered that he's calmed down. "i dunno, i saw someone having a panic attack in a movie once. i basically just recited the lines."

lucas looked into my eyes differently and for a split second i start to get nervous but before i can clear my throat and escape this awkward feeling a flushing sound reaches both our ears.

our eyes follow to the boy leaving his stall and washing his hands, completely oblivious to the both of us standing like two statues at the entrance.

  lucas cleared his throat and lead me out the bathroom with a tight smile on his face and once we reach the empty hallway no words escape our mouths and the silence kicks me in the balls forcing me to speak.

"wanna skip next period?" i suggest having an idea in mind. i don't know lucas well enough to pry, but i couldn't help but wonder what this boy was actually going through and who he was.

he sighed allowing his awkward expression to change into a relaxed one. "i just moved here and you're already getting the new kid into trouble?"

"technically getting you ' in trouble ' would be leaving the school grounds." i say and start leading him towards my favourite spot.

as we walk up the last flight of stairs i turn with a smile in lucas' direction before stopping in front of a door that read ' school staff only ' when the door was easily unlocked, allowing access to anyone, especially me.

pushing open the door that revealed the school roof i glanced at lucas as he huffed trying to catch his breath from the never ending flight of stairs we just trekked.

"ah i see." lucas walked out after me clutching his chest. "you brought me here to kill me."

"it's not my fault you have the stamina of an eighty year old grandma." i crossed my arms as he stood up straight with a fake offended look painted across his features.

he walked up to where i was standing close to the edge. i turned to look at him as the wind caught up and streamed his face. his calm eyes analysed the view beyond the school parking lot and buildings as he took in a deep breath.

as if feeling my eyes on him he turned his head to meet my gaze but i quickly diverted my eyes pretending that i never even looked at him in the first place.

"it's quiet up here." he commented looking at the long plummet to death one would take if they accidentally slipped.

i sat down away from the edge, but close enough to look outward and lucas soon followed my movements by sitting down next to me.

"i come here when i need to think." i spoke.

he smiled looking at me and i found myself smiling back. i brought him here knowing that he needed to do that too.

𐐪𐑂 a/n:
thanks for reaching  chap three<3 !