Awakening

The year was 3000 the stock market had closed after the last crash with no future to re-open. I was just an average boy on the Venus territory coming into my prime serving in the military for five years and now feel it is worthless. We police the people; some officers do unspeakable things... and my boss the second in command in my 79th regiment... He was known to many around the colony as Panda. This was why I stayed, he was called this because he would always say things are black and white if it's grey, he would say to "look closer it will only be one of those two things".

Residents loved him and respected him when they saw him, they bowed, as a sign of respect. Without him, the 79th regiment would be out of harmony. Unfortunately, he was retired from his office after a knee injury. Luckily, he was unable to recover from, but we all think that it's the other regiments trying to take him. Only fate saved him, light always beats the dark.

He chose me to take his place and I plan to take out the serial offenders, not just to try and hold them accountable, as he did. I sit up tasting the bloody tang from my lips as I pushed the last of the soldier's lag into the acid smiling looking like a panda after I've drained their blood. For me, there are three colors black, white, and red.