𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THIRD PERSON POV

Sukuna slowly opened his eyes. As he did so, he felt like as if he had been sleeping for days. He sat up and looked around and from what he could see from the small window not so far away from him it was already noon now.

He waited for sometime for a sign of the girl. 'is she still sleeping...'.

Sukuna being impatient as always, stood up and started walking around the house not bothering about the state of his own body.

"Does she live all alone in this big house..." Sukuna was surprised by the size of the house. He was not expecting it to be this big.

Suddenly a muffled scream was heard through the hallway.

"It came from one of the rooms..." He started opening each room.

Finally he reached the last room at the end of the hall. He got ready to slide the door open, then he heard a voice coming from the room.

Instead of opening the door completely, he slid the door a little and took a peek inside.

Sukuna's eyes widened as he saw what was happening inside. As he moved closer to the door to get a better look, his feet hits the door a little too hard.

'damn it!..' when he saw (y/n) looking at his direction he quickly left.

------------------------------------------------------------
Sukuna didn't have anything to do at all. So he just waited for her to come.

"Are you still asleep?.." when he heard her voice Sukuna turned to his side facing her, then sat up as she entered the room.

He figured that she hadn't gotten much sleep last night since her eyes were a little red and looked tired.

As she came and sat in front of him, Sukuna realized that he had been staring at her for while and averted his eyes from her awkwardly.

"Uhhm.."

"How do you feel?... Does it hurt anywhere?.. if yo-.."

"Doesn't that hurt?..." Sukuna lifted his hand and wiped away the stain of blood from the corner of her lips. His eyes moved from her lips to her (e/c) eyes.

(Y/n) quickly grabbed his hand and rubbed the blood away from his hand on her yukata sleeve.

She couldn't understand if Sukuna was genuinely worried about her or if his personality was being affected by his unknown sickness.

"I'm really sorry!... I-I'll be back..." And with that she quickly left the room.

Sukuna looked down at his hand, he could still feel her warm touch in his hand.

"Aaaagh!..." Embarrassed and confused with his own thoughts and actions he lied back down.

------------------------------------------------------------
(Y/N)'S POV

"Was he actually serious... But it's Sukuna..." I let out a sigh, holding up the small mirror in my hand and looking at my reflection in it.

'I was never able to help anyone at all in my life... So, within the small amount of time I have left, I want to at least help him get better... So that he would be able to live... who knows maybe he might stop killing people too...'

"But it's Sukuna... There's no way his heart would change just like that..." I put down the mirror and quickly washed my face.

------------------------------------------------------------
After I was done freshening up for the second time today, I immediately got to preparing food for my first ever patient. I had always thought that since he was a curse he eats humans, but now I see that I was very wrong.

As I was near the stove I felt someone watching me. I quickly turned around, and I was right. Sukuna was right behind me, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. He had a smug smirk which was kind of annoying.

"You should sit down if you're going to stay here... I'll be done in a few minutes..." I motioned for him to sit near the table. 

------------------------------------------------------------

After some time I was done and we were siting on opposite sides of the table ready to start eating. Sukuna started right away, I also began. 

The silence between us started to grow awkward as the time passed by. I didn't know how to start a conversation with him since we just met and I couldn't even imagine what he would do if I asked him something that makes him upset.

"So... You live alone?.." Sukuna asked as he finished his meal.

'that was fast!..' I thought as I looked down at my food which wasn't even half finished.

"Uh...yeah.. but it hasn't been that long.." I answered.

"Is this your family's house?.." He asked again with the same bored expression he had before.

"No.. this house actually belongs to an old lady... She took care of me since I was 11.. She's also the one who taught me about medicine and other things.. " I smiled to myself as I remembered her smiling face.

"Where is she now?.." He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"She passed away... Just few months ago.." I slowly looked away from him, for some reason his red eyes always made me nervous.

"... I'm gonna go take a nap.. so don't wake me up.." He stood up to leave.

"You have to take your medicine..." I quickly stood up and handed it to him. "Do not sleep without taking it..." I poured a glass of water for him.

He took the glass of water and drank it with the medicine. "Happy?.." He smiled. 

"uhh...yeah just go now.." I rolled my eyes as he looked at me. Before he turned around to leave I saw him frown, but it's probably my imagination. "You should take care of yourself too..." He said without turning back, then left.

I was taken aback by what he said. I tried to think of a reason why he would say that to me. 'maybe because of what he saw earlier... how can seeing a small stain of blood like that make him say such a thing..' 

"why am I thinking too much about it anyways..." The small moment kept repeating in my mind. 'I think my heart skipped a beat...' My cheeks flushed.

*End of chapter*

(. ◠ ᴗ ❛.)-☆