⇀ little Pinterest guide

─────────────────

PINTEREST GUIDE

alrightyyy

Soo...apart from google, Pinterest is my no. 1 main hoe for finding good pics and resources, so in this chapter I'll give you a little guide to whoever needs this.
On Pinterest you can basically find anything if you know how to look for it, i love it sm 🤧

first off - organization

very important or otherwise you'll never find your stuff again. i recommend saving your resources to one or multiple boards and put them in different sections. it's a lifesaver in so many ways.
my cover board for example is organized like this:

just a suggestion. (ignore how just half of it is aesthetic i got tired of it halfway through lmao 😭)

and in addition i have different sections for specific fandoms where i just save some sexcy pics i could use for these covers.

also if you're a graphic designer with a lotto or shop or something i'd recommend making a section for currently used resources as well that you probably will only use for this specific cover. but countless times i come back to those when someone has requested something with the same faceclaim etc.

what you need (background, stocks, overlays etc.)

as already shown above, you're gonna need different resources for your covers.

good backgrounds are extremely important, here are some search ideas for backgrounds: wattpad background, cover background, landscape photography, space wallpaper, aesthetic wallpaper, castle/mountain/...photography, fantasy background/scenery... just some ideas to browse through to get started.

for body/person resources to be used in manips i use photos from cosplays, fan and fantasy photography (photography of any kind tbh, sometimes from fashion shows, too, for a nice dress) game art, photoshoots from characters from period dramas and other movies and so on. there's usually a lot to find if you dig deep enough and keep on scrolling. for star wars covers specifically there are a lot of pictures of action figures to use - it sounds weird, but trust me, they look pretty real and they often have good poses and quality.

then if you want nice resources/ backgrounds for a certain fandom i'd recommend searching for ...wallpaper, ...aesthetic, sometimes ...poster background works too, and pick the ones you like.

you might also want to look for png for edits, pngs in general as well as overlays picsart/ for edits.

visual search and the rabbit hole

sooo...the most important thing about pinterest and why i love using it is how it works. i'm pretty sure you know these basics already but still: if you scroll down after clicking on a picture, pinterest will suggest you similar stuff - that way you can specify more and more what is offered to you by clicking on another pic, then scrolling down and so on. you get it, it goes on forever and by browsing through pinterest like that you'll find everything you need. this is helpful if you're looking for specific things/atmosphere/items/ vibe.

if you want something really similar or (when looking at a faceclaim photo for example) the same picture, but in different quality or size, you can try visual search, too. it's the little icon on the bottom right of the picture you're looking at and finds pins that look the same/very similar - one of the most useful things ever.

also when you've got a board with for example dress resources assembled already, click on the board/section and on the top is a button called „more ideas". use this to gather even more similar resources easily and quickly.

so yeah, that's it! all pretty basic, but if i'd known this starting out it would have really given me an easier start.

thanks for reading, leave some love if we this helped you!

『 space to drop your own pinterest tips/boards/fave resources 』

here's a pinterest board to get you started :)
i will put any brushes or anything else mentioned there too, so that it's easier to find!

─────────────────