Chapter 1: So It Begins.

Quailius' POV. Chapter 1

The Council has summoned me for a meeting that they deemed important. It's been three months since the Clone Wars started and I'm a Jedi Knight. Which means the Council could choose me to become a General. And with the recent attack on Kamino, its very likely that is the case. My Master, Jedi Knight Ima-Gun Di, was already in charge of a legion.

I walked through the halls to the Council chambers. Pressing the button on the door panel to signal I was there. The few seconds it took for the Council to let me in only added to my unease. The automatic doors opened and I walked in to be greeted by the Council and an unexpected guest.

My Master stood there, standing with his arms folded behind his back and facing the Council. He turned to greet me as I walked in. I couldn't stop my hood from flaring in suprise.

"Ah, Quailius. It's good to see you again." He smiled at me.

"You as well, Master." I smiled back. He's been on the front lines for the last month, I'm glad to have him back.

I turned back to the Council, bowing my head respectfully and setting my shoulders at attention.

"Greetings Masters, you summoned me?" I stated. Though if my Master was here, it probably confirms what I already suspect.

"Indeed." Master Kenobi started, "We have a proposition for you, Knight Sorna."

"And what might that be?" I asked. Tilting my head in curiosity.

"The Grand Army of the Republic is in need of new Jedi Generals. You and several others have been recommended for such a task." Master Windu elaborated.

"Believe you to be ready, we do. Skilled, you are. However, confident in your abilities you must be." Grandmaster Yoda spoke up. "Believe yourself to be ready, do you, hm?"

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "I am confident in my abilities as a Jedi, Masters. But I have never lead a major military operation of any sort, and only have limited knowledge on tactics. So I am uncertain how affective I would be at command." 

Sure I had visited Master Di on the field a few times. And once when they were low on supplies and men I had lead a group to infiltrate the enemy compound and give Master Di's forces a chance. But lead all by myself? I am far from a military genius.

"You'll have to study methods and attacks strategies, of course. But you will have a clone captain to advise you. All of us had to adapt to this change as well. But it is nessassary to help bring peace back to the galaxy." Master Mundi's holographic figure said.

I nodded, contemplating his words. I looked to my Master, who hadn't stopped smiling this whole meeting.

"You knew about this, didn't you Master? And you're the one who recommended me for it." I accused him.

"I did. Quailius, I've seen how you are in battle. I'm already proud of the Jedi you've become, and I have faith you can lead on your own now." He replied. My heart swelled at his words. 

He believes in me. He's proud of me.

"Alright," i turned back towards the Council, squaring my shoulders confidently. "Then I am honored to accept this position, Masters. I am willing to serve the Order and the Republic." I proclaimed. I tried and failed to quell the rising anxiety in my stomach at my own words.

"Good. You are now General Quailius Sorna of the 473th clone battalion. Best of luck to you and your clones, General Sorna." Master Windu stated. "General Di has asked to accompany you to meet your new legion. You will leave immediately."