A Lose As Great As The Gain

So, if you've seen clone wars you were probably wondering why I choose Ima Gun Di for Q's master when he..... well you know. The answer is I just liked him from the first moment he was in Clone Wars and I think he's a super underrated character. So, you guys probably know what happens. But in short, Ima Gun Di and almost all of his battalion are gunned down defending a pass from the Separatists so the Republic forces can get aid through to the Tw'lek people. Quailius is also fighting on Ryloth at the time, thought at a different location. She doesn't hear about his death or the fact that he's in a death trap until later, but she can definitely feel it. Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quailius' POV

The victory is upon us. I surged forward, taking out droid after droid, blocking shot after shot.

All of the sudden, I felt a heaviness in my chest. As if my heart itself has a weight tied to it. I put a hand over my chest, losing my focus as I tried to pinpoint the source of this feeling. Suddenly it intensified to a painful level, I gasped and my legs shook as my knees tried to give out. I felt a force presence pulse, and then disappear. Leaving behind an empty, trobbing hollow in my heart. The presence was horribly familiar.

Master, you're......gone?

I can't, I refuse to believe it. He can't be dead. He was a great Jedi. He can't be dead! My loss of concentration nearly got me a blaster bolt to the face if it weren't for Lupo.

"General, look out!" He shoved me to the side. I shook my head, clearing thoughts even though the pain lingered.

"Thank you, Lupo. I'm sorry about that. I just..." I wanted to tell him, really I did. But I just couldn't. Because It would make it real. I forced myself to shut off. Now is not the time. Fight first, find answers later. "It was nothing. Come on, let's go." I jumped back into the fray, Lupo following obediently behind me. The battle only lasted thirty more minutes before we won. Securing this sector for the Tw'lek rebels to come in later.

I hurried into the briefing room afterwards, desperately needing answers and praying that what I felt was anything other than what I thought it was. I hoped that the Council would have different news than what the Force was telling me. And yet I knew it wouldn't be likely.

The Force never lies.

I contacted the Council and was soon greeted by the holographic figures of Masters Kenobi, Windu, and Yoda.

"Greetings, Masters. We have taken the north central quadrant, as soon as we leave the Tw'leks should be able to maintain it to protect Ryloth should the Separatists ever try to strike again."

"Good to hear, General Sorna." Master Windu spoke up. "You're efforts are appreciated. However, we have some...unfortunate news you need to hear."

I gulped. Dread formed a pit in my stomach. Weighting it down and making me want to vomit. Kenobi spoke up next. My heart sinking further with every word.

"Master Ima-Gun Di was sent to hold the Separatists forces off so relief teams could break through and get to the Tw'lek towns. The relief made it through, but, Master Di and almost his entire clone battalion were gunned down by battle droids. They are assumed KIA." His voice was sympathetic and soft. Strange for a Jedi known for his sarcasm and satire.

My hood deflated flat against my shoulders. My face falling towards the ground. I couldn't bear to look up.

He's gone. My Master is dead. He.....he
died.