Ok, so this battle happens only a few months after Quailius becomes a general. She's learned most of the personalities and patterns of her clones, but she doesn't know everybody yet. In this, it's just a short and sweet little chapter of them storming an outpost, most likely on Ryloth, though I actually didn’t have a planet in mind. I really struggle with writing fight scenes, so this isn't very detailed. I apologize. Hope you enjoy anyways. This chapter is split into two different POVs. I know that's very confusing. Let me know in the comments if it's readable or if in future chapters you'd rather have two separate chapters for a pov change. Thanks y'all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quailius' POV

We pressed forward. Droids upon droids fell in front of me, I kept my saber moving to a rhythm of deflect, slice through a droid, deflect, deflect, stab another droid. My men were all around me, blue blaster bolts soared through the air, exchanging with the red ones I had come to detest. They really think they can protect this facility? It's not important enough to send more droids, why don't they just surrender and get this over with? 

We landed on this platform forty-five minutes ago. The plan was to draw as many "clankers", as my men called them, the out of the facility as possible, mow them down, then move in and take this low profile Separatist Outpost. It was going smoothly, though slowly. We had been on the planet for three weeks already. I quite enjoyed the hot, dry atmosphere, but it got old quick. This was our last assignment before we were rerouted to a different post. I'm so ready to have a brake from constant battle, I've had no basking time here, and Ross has already taken the liberty to tell me I'm getting grumpy.

Frantic shouts interrupted my thoughts, the droids had thrown a grenade at a group of soldiers who were taking cover behind some storage crates near the edge of the platform. The blast threw the soldiers back. Two landed on the edge, knocked out or at least stunned by the blast. Another lay a few feet closer to the now destroyed crates, the several pieces of shrapnel protruding from his body having been the last thing he ever felt. 

The fourth trooper was flung over the edge, screaming in terror as he plummeted into the canyon. NO!  
I ran to the edge, reaching out with the Force to grab him. He continued to thrash in the air, not understanding why he wasn't falling. Until his helmeted head tilted upwards towards me. Though I couldn't see his eyes, I knew the moment our gazes met. The soldier immediately stopped struggling, and I felt a wave of trust from his force signature. He trusts me to save him. I won't let him down, quite literally.

I allowed myself to smirk at my own humor as I pulled him back up, setting him safely back down on the platform.

"Trooper, are you alri-oof." I didn't get to finish my question as he crashed into me, wrapping me in a hug. I simply stood there awkwardly, frozen in discomfort at being touched without warning. Fighting back the urge to push him off in favor of curiosity as to why he's embracing me.

"Thank you, General!" He cheered happily.

Ok. That's adorable.

His voice was less weary than some of the others. Though he wasn't a new soldier, his armor sporting dents, scuffs, and other marks of use.

"Trooper! Quit hugging the General and start blasting droids!" Captain Lupo shouted from where he was crouched behind some debris nearby. The trooper quickly let go, embarrassment now in his voice.

"Oh, um, sorry General."

"It's fine. Just, tell me before you're going to do that next time." I replied. "What's your name?"

"It's Seven, sir!" He answered enthusiasticly. Straightening to attention. I smiled.

"Ok, Seven. I'm going to push ahead, I want you to stick close and cover my flank." He obeyed and got behind me, readying his blaster. The droids were starting to thin out. Now was our chance. I ran over to Lupo to explain myself.

"Captain, this is our shot. I'll push ahead, have the men ready to follow my lead." He responded with a 'yes sir' and I turned to face the enemy. I jumped over the debris and began the charge, taking out as many droids as I could and deflecting twice as many bolts. Ones I didn't deflect whizzed past my head. Blaster fire, screams, and explosions filled the air.

My sights were set on the open hanger doors, I ran through, spying Seven still covering my back, accompanied by Ross and Foxhole. Good, they'll keep him alive. My men were moving in, taking out the last remaining droids in the hanger as I made a beeline for the control center. There I found the tactical droid, I sliced my saber through his neck. And just like that, the battle was over. Now for the hard part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pov change✨️

Tenderheart's POV

It's been an hour since the battle ended, but there is still plenty of work to be done. I double-checked my stitches and moved on to the next medcot. This was bad, two blaster shots to the chest. He's pulse was growing weaker by the second. I got to work patching up the wounds, but I couldn't do much. He isn't going to make it. I'm sorry, brother. I hated being the medic sometimes. I moved on to the next cot. This grim routine continued until finally I heard a voice that filled me with relief.

"Tenderheart! Are you ready for me?" General Sorna asked as she came up. She crossed her arms, a concerned expression underneath her annoyed one. "I'm sorry that took so long. The Council decided they wanted a review of everything we've done here." She rolled her eyes.

"It's fine, General. You showed up just in time." I led her to a medcot. This trooper was shot in the abdomen and the thigh. He gave a pained groan as we approached. The General walked up the the cot, placing her hand on his arm and closing her eyes in concentration. For a second, nothing happened. Then, the trooper gave a small whine of discomfort before stilling. A minute passed before the General opened her eyes, looking at me expectantly. I carefully removed his wraps, and though I knew it would happen, it was still awing to see the wounds almost entirely healed up, a red patch of broken skin and scarring being the only evidence of injury.

"Nice work, General."

"Thanks, who's next?"

We continued going up to the most critical patients, and the general healed them all to the best of her abilities. She finished healing the tenth trooper in a row, and I noticed her posture slouching significantly.

"General, you should take a break now." I suggested. I didn't know much about Jedi, but I knew she shouldn't overwork herself.

"I'm fine, Tenderheart, there are more here who need my help." She replied stubbornly. Her eyes were set in her 'Don't argue with me, I'm not going to stop' look.

"General, are you sure? You look tired already. Aren't you using too much, uh, Force or something?" I tried to reason with her. I don't care if she is a Jedi, she can't always push herself so hard. Physically or mentally, it was still my job to take care of her.

She gave a resigned sigh, her face softening. "Fine, but come get me in five minutes, I'm not kidding." She glared at me. I couldn't tell if she was actually mad or not. She sat on an empty medical supply crate while I tended to a few more troopers. Joining me again before the five minutes was up. I could tell she was trying to hide her exhaustion.

We only got through three more troopers before I forced her to stop. By then, she looked more than tired. Her hood was usually animated, raised off of her back, and spread slightly. But now it lay flat against her drooping shoulders. I sent her back to room to rest, under protest of course.

finishing up my rounds, I began the task of packing up all unneeded supplies. Preparing to return to the cruiser and move to yet another battle field. Another fight. Another wound to heal. Another chance for my brothers to lose their lives. And another day for me to not be able to do anything about it.