Chapter 12: valentino

Fuck, I looked down at my watch

Fuck, I looked down at my watch. Two minutes.

I already ordered my men to leave.

Just leave her. She doesn't mean anything to you.

I kept telling myself to leave , but I could feel the panic building up in my chest at the thought of her up there.

I didn't want her to die.

I needed her to be okay

"I swear to fuck Valentino if I don't make it out of here you've got to take every last Russian fucker down or I swear to god I'll haunt you"her soft voice shouted through the ear piece.

I need that soft voice.

I looked down at my watch one minute and forty five seconds until the bomb goes off.

Fuck sake

I ran into the building

One minute forty seconds

I ran up to the top of the stairs. Searching for the door. Adrenaline rushing through me.
We needed to be back at the car by the time the bomb goes of or we would be blown up with it.

One minute, thirty five seconds.

"For Fuck sake" I heard her Banging at the door.

I ran up to the door and burst through, which I apparently didn't think through when it sent her flying back.

She quickly got to her feet and we both started running down the stairs out out of the building.

One minute 20 seconds.

As we ran out of the building I felt immense pain in my shoulder and I looked over to see a man holding a gun.

Once minuet, ten seconds

I go to pull out my gun but by the time I had reached my it Chiara had already shot him down.

One minute

We both ran towards the car, blood spilling from my arm and I couldn't help but groan in pain.

"Give me the keys" she demanded and I did so as we continued running.

Forty seconds.

We got to the car and I got into to the passenger seat while Chiara jumped into the drivers seat.

Thirty seconds.

She ripped my shirt at the bottom before making a knot above my wound to help stop the blood flow.

Ten seconds.

She fumbled with they keys before putting the car into gear and speeding off.

And seconds later we heard the explosion behind us.

And we both let out a laugh.

Her laugh. It was a beautiful sound.

It was like the soft melody of a siren singing. The girl sat beside me was unlike any I've ever known.

Her beauty could willingly lure any man to their death.

She was strong and fearless.

She always wore this mask, pretending she's happy.

She's been through a lot but she came out strong, she doesn't let it define her.

The way her hair fell out of it's tie framing her face, and the way her clothes hugged her perfect body, and her lips.

Those lips that fit so perfectly against mine.
The way her soft lips met with mine as I could taste the sweet taste of her tongue.

I tried to forget but I couldn't.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I used to have a different girl every night. But since I kissed her I couldn't. Don't get me wrong I've tried but all I can think about is her.

I can't even seem to get the fucking thing up when I've got a perfectly capable woman in front of me, a perfectly capable naked woman in front of me.

The fucking thing seems to have no problem getting itself up when I'm alone and Chiara pops into my head.

I told her it meant nothing to me. Which was a lie, but I know I can't give her what she deserves.

I'm damaged enough myself, I don't need to be adding to her shit.

She's been through so much and she deserves someone that will settle down with her and give her the life she wants, and that's not me.

I imagine that one day she will leave this life and live somewhere quiet with a nice husband and maybe a few children.

The hell am I even thinking, she fits so good in this life.

A boring life and a boring husband will never satisfy her, she needs more then that.

She needs excitement and Adrenalin.

People in the mafia, or in any part of the underworld kill because they have to, not Chiara. She searched for the kill and not once does she let it slip her fingers. She loves it.

The car slowed to a normal speed once we were far enough.

She rolled down the window and a soft breeze flew into the car. The strands that had come lose blew around her face as her eyes trained on the road.

"Thank you for coming for me" her feminine voice broke the silence.

I couldn't have left her. I would never forgive myself.

And neither would the others. Her annoying ass is growing on everyone.

She's so rare to find in this world, she is strong and so fucking smart but I notice the way her eyes light up when she sees pancakes, or that small blush that colours her cheeks when I catch her looking.

But what came out of my mouth was the complete opposite.

"well I had time and we kinda need you for this mission so" I shrugged knowing what I had just said was a lie.

Well fucking done Valentino. Great job.

She only nodded and continued driving.

I hate what she does to me.

She makes me feel, she makes me want to protect her and I hate that.

She's changing me, she doesn't mean to, hell I don't even think she realises it.

I've never been an emotional person. I've never had a relationship and I never intended to.

Once I got to around thirty I would have to pick a girl from one of the families in the mafia and we would be married, that's just how it works if you don't find someone, or if your family don't approve of who you have found.

I would never have that issue anyway, purely because my family aren't that way.

I was handed the mafia earlier then most, I love the lifestyle and I was ready to take position as done, my father was ready to step down.

We were a close family, unlike most in the mafia our family love each other and we will do anything ti protect the people we care about.

With me being so young a lot of people doubted how I would lead, but as you can imagine I put those accusations ti rest pretty quickly.

I will not be seen as weak.

This world has no room for weakness and she was becoming mine.