Episode 2: Reunion Required

"Would you HURRY UP?!" Aiden yelled from over his shoulder, as the other two were killing cave spiders. They have been walking through this cave for hours, they managed to find an abandoned mineshaft. However Nina was struggling to keep up with the others, she had trouble breathing, and had to take deeper breaths.
"I'm...trying!" Nina was starting to get worried they'd just leave her behind. But she had to keep up, whatever was happening to her, she wouldn't be able to survive on her own anymore. The others took care of each other, but when it came to when she would be attacked, they'd just keep going, as if they want her to die.
"Well if you don't start going faster, we're going to leave you behind~!" Maya added, Nina coughed then glared at them all.
"It's as if y'all don't care if I die or not." Nina retorted, making Aiden grin, but he didn't say anything.

They continued further in the mineshaft, when they eventually found the surface again. In the slight distance, a village was seen, but something was wrong, Nina's eyes widened.
"The wither..thing has been here." The village was in shambles, there looked to be at least a few survivors, Nina started walking over before Aiden yelled out.
"If you think we'll stop to help you thought wrong!" Nina turned around to him.
"But they...need help!" Nina argued, the other three shook their heads.
"You can help them all you want, we'll just leave you behind." Aiden decided.
"We don't have time to stop and help everyone we see!" Maya added, Gill nodding his head in agreement, Nina had enough.

"Y'all are just, so SELFISH!" Nina began, taking a deep breath. "What if they were your friends huh? Would you just leave Maya and Gill behind if they just got their houses destroyed? Is that how you're going to be?!" Nina challenged, Maya and Gill looked at Aiden, curious to what he'll say next. All Aiden did was scoff, and kept walking. The other two looked at each other, but continued to follow him anyway.
"I'm not even surprised anymore, you're literally the worst human." Nina didn't even try to correct herself for stopping at 'human' it's just the truth.
"I can always find them later." She decided, as she went to the village to see what she could do.

She helped them patch up their homes with dirt, reassuring them they would be ok, and that they can rebuild with wood once this whole thing blows over, with nods and hrms of thanks, she slowly caught up with the gang, but not before looking at her hands, and seeing how pale she had gotten.
"What's...happening to me..?" She asked herself, but continued on her way to find the others, which was easy since Gill steps heavily, leaving foot prints. She eventually found them in another cave, she set foot inside and they looked at her in annoyance.
"How do you keep finding us??" Gill asked Nina looks at him, amused.
"Your foot prints, I don't know how you manage to even put foot prints in stone yet somehow."

Nina coughs a small bit before sitting down on a block, the others began to whisper yell at him about it. Nina had a spike of pain hit her left arm, she quickly rolled up her sleeve to look, her breathing hitched when she saw it was pale, and purple. Aiden noticed and turned around, looking horrified.
"What IS that?!" He backed away a bit in disgust, Maya turned around, and quickly covered her mouth.
"Is it contagious??" Maya asked, also backing away, Nina glared at them.
"Of course That's the first thing you ask, whatever happened to 'are you ok?' Oh! How could I forget, Lukas was the only one who cared!" She coughed into her sleeve after that, making even Gill nervous.
"We should kick her out..!" Maya said desperately, Gill nodding.
"What if she gets the rest of us sick with..whatever she has??" Gill added, both of them looking at Aiden for guidance.
"And...you expect me to be able to survive out there like...this??" Nina demanded, Aiden staring at her with confidence.
"Worth the risk, we can't have you getting us sick." Aiden decided, and pointed to the mouth of the cave. "Out." After a few seconds, Nina gets up and walks towards the entrance, then turns back to them all, a growl rising from her throat.
"One day, you'll regret all this mistreatment. Even if the Witherstorm spares you." They all laugh as she leaves.
Nina spends the next hour walking, she doesn't know where, she stumbles from time to time. Eventually she struggles to even stand, so she looks around, and find a bush, she crawls over to it and transforms into her fox form, and passes out.