•5•

•••

•roosters pov•

after she passes out on her bed, i laugh quietly to myself. i reach over and take her earrings out for her, setting them in a little jewelry bowl on ber nightstand. i leave the rest of her jewelry on, deciding i wont know how to take them off, but i take off her apple watch and set it on the charger, i see that it is one am as i do so. after im done i stand there awkwardly staring at her. gosh shes beautiful. even with her smudged makeup and the scowl on ber face, shes beautiful.

i walk into her connecting bathroom, searching for some makeup wipes. i heard from phoenix once that girls dont sleep with their makeup on because it makes them break out, so i assume that sunshine is the same way. i find a bag of wipes the third drawer down next to her bathroom sink. so i head back into her room and sit down next to her on the bed. quietly talking out one wipe i start to gently wipe ber face, starting with her closed eyelids. i try to be as gentle as j can so as to not wake her up but i realize its not going to come off so easily. i use a fresh corner of the wipe to get the rest of her face.

when im done i throw away the makeup wipe and turn off her lamp and leave her room. i know she hates me. i know shes hated me since the moment she met me but i cant help but always want to be around her. shes like my own personal shot of espresso. i dont know what it is about her yet but every time im near ber i feel like im on the sun, i feel so warm and happy. everything she does makes me want to laugh. every time she talks i look at her lips, even when shes yelling at me, calling me a terrible pilot, i want to kiss her.

ive never felt like this before and it scares me. i know i dont have a chance in hell at being with her because i fucked it up the first time i met her. i called her a bitch because she ditched me while we were flying but who could really blame her. i was not acting like a good pilot.

i've been doubting my skills as a pilot since the moment maverick pulled my papers. he told me i wasn't ready and it broke my heart. i had just lost my mom and it felt like i had lost a second father. but even though he pushed my career back by four years, i never would have met sunshine.

i put a glass of water and an advil on her nightstand before making my exit. i make sure to turn off all of the lights on in sunshines home before i leave and lock the door. i pause in my steps when i see a truck pull up to the driveway and storm gets out of the passenger seat. confused i look st my watch and see its nearly two am already. storm is saying something to the driver but she pauses when she sees me. closing the passenger door quickly she walks over.

"i thought you would have left by now." she says to me, trying to get my attention away from the truck as it pulls away. although i get the perfect angle of sight as it drives off to see the driver.

"is that hangman?" she blanches at me, shaking her head vigorously. "youre sleepinf with hangman?"

"no." she cant think of anything to say and i know its killing her that i know her secret.

"its okay, i wont tell anyone." but i am going to tease hangman about this.

"you wont?"

"no, its none of my business. but hangmans an asshat, why him?"

"he shows a differnt side to me, i really like him. the sex is really great too."

"okay okay, spare me the details. look, even though your sister hates me, id still like to be friends with you." i reach my hand out to her and she shakes it.

"i dont think she hates you that much."

•••

•normal pov•