Chapter 3- Deadly Decadence

{3rd POV}

But when Doug entered through, he looked down to see spikes down below. The other edge was a bit too far for him to try and jump across it, "You'll need more than a speed boost get across that, fall into the pit and I think we can both guess where you'll end up. Fortunately for you. I can give you the power to jump across. No not those spindly legs of yours, I'm talking teleportation. Go to the ring alter." Bierce said, Doug headed through the portal and to the ring alter. He saw that he was given the power to teleport.

He then headed to the portal again and he stood by the edge of the pit, then he loaded up the teleport then he used it, another way was blocked by a pit and then he teleported again, he finally reached the end. Doug then found himself standing in a grass field, he found the place to be rather beautiful, "Keep your eyes open love. The statues in this place are awfully life-like." Bierce said, 'Life-like?' Doug thought, he wonders what Bierce means by that..

Doug then headed away from the fountain. He noticed a large statue that had a sign that read, 'Beyond these gates judgment awaits' Doug then made his way up the stairs and towards the gates. He pushed them open, he saw another perfect grassfield, "I wonder who does the landscaping here.. very impressive." Bierce said, the area looks like it was owned by someone who is wealthy. The moon shined down on the field including Doug, and he stopped infront of a statue of a man who was dressed in french uniforms, there was a few ways to go, it was left, right, or forward.

Doug went past the statue and instantly, he heard the sound of stone moving, Doug turned to see the statue was facing him, 'The statue moved?' Doug thought, 'This is what Bierce meant.. I need to be careful..' Doug thought and he headed pass the gates. He opened it, and when he turned back, Doug saw the statue figure was gone. Doug's eyes widened, 'Where did it go?' He thought, he quickly snapped out of his thoughts as he had no time to be thinking about that right now.

He turned forward, and Doug found himself in a maze, "Watch your step! It's hard to run with a gaping hole in your foot!" Bierce said, Doug walked through the maze a bit, but he had stopped when a pair of spikes nearly had hit him. He suddenly heard foosteps approaching close, "In case if you are wondering. Yes, those foosteps are getting louder!" Bierce said as Doug quickly turned behind him to find a statue from behind.

The statute stood in a way as if he was walking towards him, 'I need to listen carefully for footsteps..' Doug thought, Doug quickly began moving, but he was cautious with every sound he hears. He looked at the tablet then back in front of himself, making sure that the spikes wouldn't shoot up.. he didn't want the spike to go through his feet. He collected shards from corners to a suddenly sharp turn.

He kept his eyes on the golden men that were close to him. He found and touched a glowing floating orange ball, stunning the enemies. He continued on making quick sharp turns and only stopped when he kept his eyes on the gold watchers or to wait for the spikes to go down, then he grabbed the last soul shard in the maze, "You've done it. Now get the ring piece while you still can!" Bierce said, Doug didn't think twice and quickly headed out of the maze, and he went left to find an unlocked gate. He opened it and went through it to find a file, and when he turned around he found a Gold Watcher nearby, he teleported away from it and he ran towards the entrance of the manor.

He went up the stairs towards the manor, "How nostalgic. I used to have a manor loke this, only much bigger of course." Bierce said, Doug stopped when the doors opened, and no one was there, there was nothing but darkness, it was a little creepy, but he did pass the murder monkeys and dodged the daughter of the devil, and they were much creepier. Doug stepped inside and he saw the barrier up ahead of the hallway, "Is it terriblely rude if you let yourself in unannounced?" Bierce asked, "To take their crystal shards and the ring piece from their home? Yes it probably is." Doug replied, Doug quickly ran up ahead.