Chapter 22

Y/n was looking at the chart with the upcoming matches his team will play. In quarter-finals they were supposed to face Kirisaki Daichi. Y/n knew that they would play against one of the Uncrowned Kings. That worried Y/n a little. He never allowed himself to underestimate the opponent, even in Teiko.

-Ryouta, tell Nakamura that I won't beat the practice today please. - he said. - Tell him my head hurts or something.

-He will be angry, we have an important match. - reasoned Kise.

-That's why I need to take countermeasures of my own. - Y/n sighed. - Nakamura needs to trust us a bit if he wants to win.

Kise nodded. Y/n left the gates of Kaijou and got in the soonest train to Kyoto. He prayed he made it before Akashi will finish his practice. He arrived in the middle of it. He grinned as he walked thought the gate and made his way to the gym hall. As he opened the door he was unnoticed. He walked in and watched as they practiced. Seijurou was explaining something to one of the players, probably the junior. He was too close to Akashi for Y/n's liking. Y/n walked in further, getting their attention.

-Y/n. - Seijurou was surprised to see him. Y/n smiled, seeing Seijurou's eyes soften at him.- What are you doing here?

-I decided to pay you a visit. - he answered simply. He would hug Akashi or kiss him, but he didn't know if Seijurou wanted him to show affection around his team. - I'm playing against Kirisaki Daichi and I heard you have three Uncrowned Kings here. I want to see if I'm able to beat them.

-Why would we want to help you? - asked Nebuya.

-Great question. - Y/n answered. - You see, me and Seijurou here are planning on seeing each other in the finals. To accomplish that I need to make sure no one beats me and my team before.

-Fine, I'll play against you. - offered Kotarou.

-All three of you will. - corrected Akashi. - After all you are sure you are able to beat him.

-I will be quick. - Nebuya said stretching.

Y/n was allowed to start, big mistake. He went past Kotarou quickly, then Nebuya and Mibuchi started to double cover him. Kotarou blocked his way back, he was surrounded. Y/n analyzed the options he had. In the end he decided to bounce ball behind Kotarou, sending it away between his legs. As expected. Kotarou ran after it. He got it, but Y/n stole it away from him and quickly threw it over his shoulder, facing his own basket. He didn't have to check if he aimed right behind himself. He knew he will succeed. As the ball went in Rakuzan's basket, Y/n turned around to look at shocked opponents.

-How did you do that? - asked Kotarou.

-Pure luck. - Y/n chuckled. - I'm sure it won't happen again, though it would look cool to have an audience to see it.

It did happen again. Over and over again. It didn't matter how far from the basket Y/n was, he never missed a shot. Y/n wiped the sweat off his forehead with the bottom of his shirt. Akashi closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

-How is that possible?! - Nebuya didn't understand what just happened.

-Y/n was the last resort of the Generation of Miracles. - Akashi said, walking up to them. - If we had problems with the opponent, we would let him on the court.

-With time you needed me less and less.- answered Y/n.

-Wrong, I always needed you the same. -Akashi muttered, only for Y/n to hear.

-And we are playing against you in the finals? - asked the junior.

-Be sure of that. - Y/n said with a half glare at him. Then he turned his attention to the Kings and smiled. - Thank you for your help, I will see you at the finals. -then he looked at Seijurou. - May I wait for you?

-Yes, the practice I ending soon either way. - Akashi answered.

Y/n sat down at the bench as Rakuzan resumed the practice. He had a good opportunity to watch the first string of their team. Y/n sent the message to Kise, telling him that they will wreck their opponents. Kise smiled, reading it. Whenever Y/n was sure of himself, the result of their matches has been determined.