[5]

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"I'm worried about you." Calum's sudden voice took Ashton's attention from the glass vials he was working with--a table of science equipment tucked inside a basement of illegal creations.

Hazel eyes peeled themselves away from his equipment, gloved hands lowering the flask they held as Ashton momentarily glanced over his shoulder toward the feminine man in black leaning back against the side wall; brown eyes having been watching him in silence for quite a while.

"What for?" Ashton frowned, completely pausing his work for the brunet who had begun to approach him.

Gentle hands, so soothing and calm, rest upon Ashton's shoulders like ice cubes melting upon a burn. Calum was his iced cold water on a hot summer's day, his relief, his saviour.

"You've been down here for days, Ash." Calum caressed a touch to Ashton's cheek, fingers brushing loose black strands of hair from hazel eyes. "When will you rest?"

"I'm fine, just workin'." Ashton brushed it off, not seeing much reason for concern, but Calum wasn't satisfied; coaxing the man's head back to face him properly.

"You're drowning in work... Is it that Luke man? Is he still on your mind?"

Ashton wasn't sure what to say, how to respond, because--if he pondered long enough--he'd find that Calum was unsettlingly right.
Luke was a sharp edge of glass wedged into his side, a deeply cut wound bleeding, oozing, from his flesh, and he couldn't pull it out; too afraid of what he would lose if he dared.

"It-..." Ashton tried to think of what he could reply with. What he could say to express emotions he couldn't understand. He had never been good with emotion, never taught how to voice such insanity free from chapped lips.
But in the end, all he could do was utter a sigh of dismay--knowing Calum would understand him unlike anyone else.
"He got away with everything. I just-" he placed his flask down, highly aware he could smash it if he grew too angry, "-is it wrong to want him to hurt?"

"Wrong?" Calum let out a soft laugh, everything about him utterly enamouring to Ashton's soul. "Baby, he betrayed you. He left you for dead. The least we can do is hurt him for what he's done."

Ashton sought out the gaze of his love, his partner in crime, his other half, and when his eyes found that familiar soft brown he felt at home like he never did before.

"You're too good to me..." He confessed, broken pieces held together secure by Calum's touch.

"We're too good for each other." Calum swiftly corrected, cupping both hands to Ashton's cheeks. "Mutually assured damnation in love."

Soft, he leaned close; lips grazing ever so dangerously against Ashton's own as a sly smile lifted itself to his face, devious.

"Let me kill that policeman..." Calum coaxed, a banshee with the voice of an endearing siren's song. "Hurt that pathetic blond like he hurt my beloved."

"You'd do that?" Ashton felt his heart soar, taken by such a promise. "Really?"

"For you?" Calum purred. "I'd do anything."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Oh to have a love so strong~

What do y'all think of cashton? 🤔
Cashton vs Muke even??👁👁