Chapter 3

"Sometimes, intuition is a better choice than pure pressure." ~Annymous.

***

"Hi." I close the car door.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks. I didn't. I look out the window.

"Good, you?"

"Uh, good." He nods.

"That's good." I try to keep as short as possible, as covered as possible.

I didn't sleep because I was crying. My mom held me the whole time. All she had to do was hug me and I cracked. I feel so alone, knowing that me, out of so many people won't get to fall in true love. Growing up, I would always picture myself with my future soulmate and all I ever wanted was to end up as happy as my mom and dad were. Yet here I am, and I'll never have a baby with the man destined for me, or get married to him, or even meet him.

"Are you okay?" Tears sting my eyes, but I blink them away.

"Yeah." I reply.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm okay." I say and get out of the car. I start walking toward the entrance, but Harry's hand fits around my wrist.

"You're not okay, I can tell." He looks in my eyes, but it feels like he's searching my soul. I find myself lost in him, but shake it off quickly and take a step back.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." I turn, but he pulls me back.

"Jennisee, why are you tearing up?" Concerned, he pulls my body closer to his and wipes my cheek, before placing his forehead to mine.

"My mom found the letter about my soulmate." I sigh, knowing he's not going to let me go, and look at our feet.

"Is she upset with you?" He asks.

"No, not at all. But she just hugged me so tightly and I could feel her heart beating, as if it was breaking for me. And I'm the only one that's not going to find her soulmate and be happy forever." I cover my face with my cheeks, and he just hugs me.

"That's why you don't believe in the keychains." He whispers.

When I'm calm enough, we go inside. Everyone turns to see us together and I look at him, but he's already looking at me.

"I'll see you in 5th." I tell him. He nods and walks away. I turn down the hallway my locker's on and my friends ambush me.

"Jenni, why didn't you tell us about meeting the new guy. What's his name, is he nice?" They ask.

"Guys, he's just a friend. And no he's not my soulmate." I avoid eye contact with any of them. "I gotta go." I close my locker and push them out of the way before walking off.

When I look back they're all in a circle looking at me with sad eyes. I shake my head and go upstairs to my class room. Some people say 'hi' to me and even ask if I'm okay today, but I ignore them all. Today is gonna be one heck of a day. Like, why am I so emotional? I don't know. When I get to class the first thing I do is pick out a book to read. I don't really care if the teacher has a problem with it, but I'm sure she won't.

"Jenni, what's wrong?" I look up to see Erica coming into class.

"Nothing, I'm reading." I tell her.

"Jennisee, you've never brushed us off like that." She sits down. "I'm not going to force you to tell me, I just think its bad for you to keep it in."

"Its just been a bad few days." I tell her.

"Oh, okay." She leaves it at that.

I wanna tell her, but I don't know how. I don't want her pity, or any ones for that matter, but I also don't want to make her feel bad. I should just keep everything to myself, and everything will be easier that way. She gives me a confused look. I ignore it and continue reading my book.