Chapter 22

"I don't ask you to love me always like this, but I ask you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

***

5 months later

"My little baby." Harry kisses my growing belly. "My light." He kisses again, I laugh. "I love you, oh so much." He looks up to me. "Just as much as I love your mummy." I push him away.

"Harry!" I whine. "Stop touching me."

"What, my beautiful soulmate doesn't want me to touch her?" He asks, offended.

"I don't want anyone to touch me." I point out. "I'm feeling claustrophobic." I pout at him.

"Let's go, then." He stands up from the couch and holds his hand out for me to take.

"Where are we going?" He helps me stand.

"We can head into town and grab something to eat?" He asks.

"Sure." I nod.

"And if you're up for it, we can do some baby shopping." He says.

"We should wait until after my baby shower next week. That way we know what we need." I tell him.

"Of course." He grabs my coat and helps me put it on.

I follow him up the stairs and out to the car. He helps me inside before walking over to the other side and taking off. The short five minute drive ends quickly and he leads me into the diner we've come to love so much. They have the best cheese fries that kills nearly all of my cravings.

"Welcome back, babes!" Hilary, the hostess that works here every time we come greets us. "Jennisee, you look dashing! Its been a few weeks, yeah?" She gently touches my belly.

"Thank you. And yeah, I've been so lazy." I laugh at myself.

"You're building a baby inside of you, you have every right to be lazy." She grabs a few menus and I laugh while she takes us to a table. We both thank her, and I set my menu to the side. I get the same thing every time. Harry decides what he wants, and Alex, the waiter we have every time comes up.

"Biscuits and gravy with bacon and cheese fries for you?" He asks, I nod.

"I'll have the same, actually." Harry says.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"I wanna know why you love it so much." He shrugs. I nod with a smile and Alex stalks off.

"Okay, Jennisee." Harry says. "We need to pick out names."

"Well, I say we need to pick three names for each sex, that way we have enough for when the baby is born. Since we didn't wanna know the sex." I say.

"Okay, for a boy, I like Neo, Wesley, and William." Tells me.

"I like David, Tobiah, and Quinton." I say.

"Okay, how about you choose your favorite of my choices, and I'll choose my favorite of yours, and we'll have your mom pick a name." He suggests I nod. "I like Tobiah." I was hoping he'd say that.

"I like Neo." I tell him. He nods. "And for a girl, I like Mirabelle, Cassie, and Amanda."

"I like Darcy, Penelope, and Naomi."

"My favorite is Naomi."

"Mine is Mirabelle."

"Okay so for a boy, we have Tobiah and Neo."