chapter nine | more than friends

I wake up to the smell of rich coffee. I stretch out of bed and shuffle my way to the kitchen.

"Look who's finally awake."

"Good morning." I kiss Austin's cheek and take the cup of coffee he had just finished pouring.

He smacks my ass as I turn around and walk to the sit on the stool across from him. His back muscles are now facing me while he cooks.

I look over to a beach bag with essentials that consisted of two beach towels, a book, two insulated water bottles, two pairs of sunglasses, sun lotion, and even my hair clip.

"Someone's excited." I say while scrolling through my phone.

Austin looks back to see my jaw dropped as I look on my phone. I turn my phone around for him to see.

"Oh shit!" He laughs taking my phone

"Mystery girl? I love that. It's very on brand."

We both laugh in unison.

Austin places a poached egg on top of the avocado spread on my toast.

"Thank you chef." I smile taking a big bite.

I enjoy the last of my breakfast before I head back to my room to get ready. I put on a brown bikini and a white cotton oversized button up. I add some product to my hair and massage SPF into my face. I throw on my flip flops and make my way back to the kitchen. 

"All ready?" Austin says carrying the bag and grabbing his keys. I follow him out the to his car and he opens the passenger door for me. I thank him as I sit and he loads the beach bag into the trunk.

We take a slow drive to the beach with the windows down. We're both singing along to Nights by Frank Ocean at the top of our lungs.

We arrive to this gorgeous beach hiding behind some bushes with white sand and clear water. There is no one else here.

Austin lays out our towels next to each other and places our things down.

I stretch my body and my hairs raise at the feeling of the hot sun on my skin.

While I'm not looking, Austin picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, while holding onto my legs. He makes his way to the water and does not let me go as he goes deeper.

He finally lets me down and I dunk my head under water. Pushing it all back as I come back  to the surface. "This water is so nice." I say looking down and seeing the white sand underneath me.

I wrap my arms around Austin's neck and then my legs around his waist. He kisses my lips gently.

"Austin, what are we doing?" I say after our lips part.

"Well, we're at the beach."

"No smart ass, I mean this. I thought we were just friends."

"Alina, I think its clear we are much more than just friends." He rubs my back while holding onto me.