Chapter 1

Ultimately they all responded the same way. Positive. Supportive. He couldn't ask for better.

He probably would have told Abby. But when it started she was still busy with her mother and he didn't want her to feel like she had some sort of obligation to take care of him. And by the time he really was serious about using age regression as a coping mechanism, she was gone.

Bobby was the first one he told. He didn't need to. It was technically a private matter that didn't involve work. But he almost felt obligated to. He had been afraid. He was still kind of new. He'd been fired once. He had just barely begun figuring out how to cope. But he still told Bobby and Bobby was supportive.

"It's just like a coping thing really. My new therapist recommended it." Buck explained awkwardly.

Was there even a normal way to explain that would liked acting like a toddler to your boss? It would probably be awkward for anyone.

"It doesn't bother me, Buck. As long as it doesn't affect your ability to do the job." Bobby told him.

"I know. It won't. I just-" Buck chuckled, it was more forced, but he needed to try to lighten the mood, shake off some of the nerves, "I guess I just wanted you to know in case something happened and..."

"I get it, Buck. Don't worry." Bobby smiled and patted him on the shoulder, "Thanks for letting me know. And if you need anything just give me a call. I mean that."

Chimney and Hen? They just kind of happened. Hen began noticing some small things on the rare occasion that he slipped between headspaces while at the station, and it just felt wrong not to tell Chimney after Hen and Bobby knew.

Hen would act motherly toward him after a tough job, not that she wasn't just naturally like that from time to time with everyone, but it was a little different with Buck once she knew. Chimney would do more childish jabs when Buck was feeling a bit smaller, normal teasing to an onlooker, but Buck knew it was a little more personal. Chimney was looking out for him and supporting him still.

He would have told Maddie sooner. She probably would have been the first one he told if he hadn't felt so distant from her when it all began. He should have known she'd flock to take care of him, she always had. She was his big sister, it was like a job to her, taking care of him, and everyone really.

Buck had stat her down and explained everything, "I would have said something sooner but I guess I was just afraid you'd judge me. But since you're staying here, you were probably going to figure it out if I didn't."

"Why would I judge you, Buck?" Maddie asked. It was so sincere.

"You wouldn't. I know, Mads." Buck smiled, "It was a stupid thing to be worried about."

"Come here." Maddie pulled him into a hug, "I bet it's still scary, though. Not everyone takes it well?"

"No." Buck said, "A lot of people assume it's some gross fetish."

"I expect you to call me if you need me." Maddie said, gently stroking his hair, "I mean that, Evan. I better not find out that my baby brother isn't being taken care of because he was too stubborn to ask for help."

"I'm never going to live down the baby brother thing now, am I?" Buck laughed.

Maddie did too, "Not a chance."

"Maybe I shouldn't have told you then." Maddie knew he was just teasing.

Then Eddie came. Eddie was... awkward to say the least. Well awkward for Buck. Sure they were friends by that point but Buck still felt weird. He'd felt so threatened almost but Eddie's presence and they'd had a rough start, it was just strange. And he never meant for Eddie to know, not then. But Eddie had caught him whining about something to Hen like a little kid and Buck felt he had to explain it.

"No, no. I get it. It's a coping thing. Helps you relax. I understand, Buck." Eddie said.

"You sure? Cause I know it's weird and if you think it's weird then you don't have to keep that from me." Buck said. He couldn't tell if Eddie was serious.

Eddie offered him a smile, "I'm not one to judge, Buck." And Buck smiled to, "And I know a thing or two about being a dad, so if you need anything for your regression thing. Any help or anything, you can ask, alright?"

"Alright. Thanks." Buck sighed.

At some point the rest of the 118 found out to a small extent. They knew he was a bit immature and could act particularly childish from time to time. Buck would only let himself fully indulge in that in between when it was those he was closest to around. The one where he was far enough in that he could relax but not far enough that he couldn't snap out of it for a call.

And Athena? Buck was pretty sure Athena just knew everything. He didn't know how or when she found out, but when Buck found out that she knew she had clearly known for a while.

It was really only him and Bobby up there, so he allowed himself to indulge a bit more than usual. When Athena showed up he hid the sippy cup, and he knew he wasn't obvious, because if his hiding was obvious he would have never heard the end of it from some of his other coworkers, who didn't know all of it. He was always careful on the very rare occasion that he had a sippy cup at work.

Bobby was just finishing up and apparently Athena wasn't to pleased with Buck trying to hide his sippy cup, even if it was just for a few minutes.

"Would you quit hiding that sippy cup everytime I come by?" It was more of a statement than a question and it caught Buck completely off guard, "You're gonna end up dehydrated if you just stop drinking anytime you have a visitor."

Buck had been confused, "How did you-"

"I know a lot of things, Buckaroo. And age regression isn't anything new to me." Athena smiled, "Just relax."

Buck never meant for it to happen but somewhere along the line they all began to take care of him. They did more than he could have ever asked for. Not just because he didn't want to ask either.

A/N: I'm a sucker for family fluff so there's probably gonna be a lot of Maddie taking care of Buck. Also mom!Athena and dad!Bobby