XV

ɪᴛ's ᴀ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
.
.
.
.
.

A new day has come and the weather was just perfect. The sun was shining, fluffy clouds floating in the sky, and the wind was soft as ever with a cool breeze.

(Y/n) crawled out of her tent yawning into her hand as she stretched. A satisfied sigh exhaled from her lips as she stretched the stiff parts of her body.

She blinked at the surrounding area noticing Marnie's tent was open and empty. She looked around curious as to where the girl might've gone before finally landing on the missing girl.

She waved greeting her a good morning, a small stifled laugh came from Marnie covering her mouth, (Y/n) raised a brow asking what she was laughing at. She pointed at her hair causing her to tilt her head, then it clicked. She reached for the top of her head feeling the mess she had.

"Ah s-sorry I probably look like a mess, give me a minute to change"

She crawled back in being mindful of her Pokemon still sleeping around her sleeping bag. Even Raboot made himself comfortable inside her tent after resting on the tree for several hours.

After doing everything she needed to do she crawled out being welcomed by a savory smell. Her stomach growled embarrassingly loud getting everyone who was awake's attention.

"Must be hungrier than a Snorlax. I made breakfast, considering you made me dinner last night"

Marnie said while handing over a plate filled with food. She thanked her finally silencing her roaring stomach, they spoke for a bit until it was time to pack up their things.

While their Pokemon ate Marnie asked if she had written the letter yet, she nodded admitting that she still had more to write before it was complete. She spent practically half the night thinking of how she was going to even begin what she wanted to write.

In the end, she just word vomited whatever came to mind and resulting in a front-to-back admiration nonsense page about the boy. Just thinking about it she could feel her cheeks heat up being glad Marnie couldn't see it.

Once everyone was done and everything was packed they sent back their Pokemon into their Pokeballs, except for Raboot, and headed off to Motostoke. Marnie seemed to have found a shortcut earlier in the morning to the area finding a path that lead right to it.

(Y/n) stared at her phone frowning a bit at her screen. It wasn't anything that she saw, more like what she didn't see.

Perhaps a bit of her was expecting Hop or Victor to send her a message about what they were doing or where they were. But no, she still had a blank notification box, well that's counting out the messages she gets from her brother.

She put it away letting out an inaudible sigh, a thought came to mind that maybe they were busy doing something. Maybe training their Pokemon or finding something to feed them before going to the gym.

"Alright and there it is, back to Motostoke. I was expecting it to be much farther"

Marnie partially smiled showing the large walls, although it seemed to be pointless noticing the girl lost in thought. Ever so gently she poked her cheek bringing her back to reality,"Oi, you'll trip into a hole if you keep fazin' out like that"

"Huh? O-Oh sorry... I was just thinking"

"Let me guess Hop"

She said in a slightly playful tone, (Y/n) slowly nodded but quickly reassured her it wasn't anything of what they were talking about last night.

She went on about how neither of her friends have messaged her, again she reassured her it didn't upset her she knew they could be doing something important but she felt as if she was missing something.