Chapter 2

_________________________

The first time I ever saw you, you were shouting your speech through the crowd. I was one of those who were in coverage, your words were so powerful, so prosperous.

You're one of those who were fighting for the rights of every peoplefighting for the future. A better future. 

Fists were up in the air, a microphone was in front of your lips, placards raised up in the airand your voice heard from a thousand miles. 

I was standing in front with my journalist team, I was doing my internship the day when I first saw you. But without even the use of your voice, your own existence intoxicates me. 

"Makibaka! 'Wag matakot!" That phrase, now felt peculiar because of you. Every time I hear that chant, I would always think of you. 

My eyes were lost at the sight of youmy ears felt melodious at the way I heard your vocals. 

At the moment the mobilization ended and the police still kept standing in their place, I didn't hesitate to move towards you. I am also going to be honest, the aura surrounding your presence made me agitated.

But all of that typical emotions disappeared once you used your voice at me the first timejust between the two of us, in our own bubble with a chaotic background.

"Hello! Sana nagustuhan mo po talumpati ko kanina!" Oh, your language is too deep. But I didn't mind, my admiration for you is unfathomable anyway.

 I smiled at the way you talked to me, "Nagustuhan ko. Saka, 'wag ka na mag 'po' sa akin. Baka nga magkasing school year lang tayo. Ginagawa mo naman akong mas matanda kesa sayo." 

The first time you laughed.. It was euphonic as it entered the pathways of my ears. Your laughsurely is memorable, "Haha! College ka rin pala? Hi, name's Leonor pala. Chairperson ng Org namin! 4th year college na rin ako sa UP Diliman, ikaw ba?" 

Leonor, a Chairperson in a National Democratic Mass Organization. 4th year college, probably a bit older than me. 

"Nice to meet you, Leonor. Ako naman, my name's Theresia. Journalist student sa Ateneo. May internship ako for covering certain mobilizations like this. Kaya, I might see you every time na may mobilizations kayo kasi kayo yung magiging main focus ng magiging articles ko. 4th year na rin actually pero baka mas matanda ka sa 'kin, hehe." 

As I introduced myself to her, her smile never fails to deliquesce my own entire body. The way her eyes slowly disappear by the skin around it using her wide, dimpled smile, I already know I was in love with her.

"Hehe! Ilang taon ka na ba, if you don't mind me asking?" her question.

"21." 

"Oh, mas matanda nga ako sa'yo. 22 na pala ako." she once again, smiled. 

But, I wish I was as vigorous as you so that I can tell you that every single inch of you fills my own existence up the level chart even more. 

_________________________