Chapter 7

____________________________

"Chairperson ng LFS, Terorista at salot sa lipunan!"

I can't explain the rage I felt once I saw this tagline from my twitter timeline. God, how did they even manage to have the guts to say that Leo is a terrorist?

Of course those who have the power will label anyone who is a critique and a progressive a terrorist. They're scared, that's why.

"Sanay na ako sa mga ganyan. Hanggang red tagging lang naman sila eh, pero hindi nila ako kayang kunin." Leo said.

Even so, I am still worried about her safety. Getting tagged as a terrorist is horrible because you know to yourself that you won't even do horrible things like the police are doing.

"What about your safety, Leo? Kinakabahan ako sa'yo.." I uttered.

Instead of letting me feel such fear and solicitude, she has decided to hold one of my hand that was resting on top of my lap.

Oh god, her hand is warm and soft. I can't believe I am feeling this right now.

"Ayos ako. 'Wag kang mag-alala. Kung sakali mang dukutin ako, tandaan mo nalang na pinaglaban din kita para sa karapatan mo."

Hearing her say those words— how is she okay with her having the possibility to get abducted by the authorities?!

Suddenly, I felt frightened. I don't want to get to the point that I will be the one covering the news of her disappearance.

"Leo.. you know how much that will hurt me kapag kinuha ka nila from us, diba? Please, Leo.. watch out.." I softly said.

But instead, she smiled at me, "Hindi nila ako kukunin, Reese. Hindi ko sila hahayaan," she squeezed my hand a little, "Ayokong mawalay sa'yo."

Ayoko ring mawalay sa'yo..

"I want to protect you also. Wala kasi akong kasiguraduhan sa situation. Now, the people knows your face and they know you for being a 'terrorist'. Hindi ka naman ganun eh, bakit ganun sila maka asta?"

God, I can't hold my tears anymore. I am just.. really scared. I know how bad the activist's situation here in this country right now, and I don't want Leo to be one of those who went missing, get jailed, or even worse..

Get killed.

Instead of letting me release all of my tears, Leo pulled me towards her to give me the embrace I was craving for her.

Under the shadows of the swaying leaves from the tree we were taking cover from— I knew this warmth was exactly I wanted from her since then.

"I know, Reese. Ganyan talaga ang pakay nila— ang ipamukhang masama ka sa lahat dahil nilalabanan mo sila sa mga katiwalian nila. Pero kahit ganun, patuloy lang sa paglaban. Para sa masa," Leo looked at me as my head was resting against her upper chest, "Para na rin sa'yo."

I moved my head up to look at her, and I was also staring right back at her. I have memorized every detail on her face at this state, she will always be the prettiest woman in my head and sight.

I can't help but to wrap my arms around her even more as I savor every minute of her just embracing me, feeling her own warmth, and her arms securing me to feel like I am home.

"Thank you, Leo.. Can I," I stopped for a brief moment to exhale, "Say something to you?"

"Ano yun, Reese?"

"I.." Should I really say it, right now?

"I, what?"

But I don't want to say it out loud, so instead I moved my body upwards while I move my head towards her ear, facing it.

"I love you.." I whispered to her ear. That's what I wanted to tell her for a while now.

She pulled away a bit to look at me, still wrapping her arms around my body. Our eyes connected to each other like the world around us suddenly stopped.

All she did, was to use her iconic smile at me, "Reese.. hihintayin mo ba ako? Kaya mo bang maghintay muna?"

Oh.. she's not ready yet. Just what I expected.

"I can wait for you naman, Leo. I don't want to rush everything." I said.

"Saka ko nalang sagutin 'yan, hm? Bigyan mo muna ako ng panahon. Pero atleast, alam ko na ngayon na mahal mo ako."

I am actually glad she didn't reject it or whatever but instead, she gave me assurance that she might tell me she loves me too in the future— just not this time.

"I'll wait for you. Because I know it will be worth it in the end. Hihintayin kita kahit gaano pa katagal, Leo."

To establish our own world with our own home together, I must wait. I don't care if it will take months, even years, atleast I know Leo's the one.

She nodded as she pushes my head again towards her shoulder, keeping her hand on top of my head, "Pero sigurado naman ako na darating din ako sa dalampasigan mo, Reese."

And if that's so, I am eager for your arrival.

____________________________